Shallow 3D relief design software

Tip - whether the window is glass or acrylic it will eventually suffer from rebound damage. After having to replace the view port plexi periodically, I came up with a quick fix.

There is a flange around it on the inside, like is pictured there on the outside (different manufacturer). I stretched cling wrap across it to prevent damage to it. Because there is a gap between the Plex and the cling wrap, that taught membrane let’s the blast media bounce off.

Stretched tight, it is remarkably clear and it actually lasts longer than the acrylic did.
When it did cloud, all I have to do is replace the film. The acrylic window remains unscathed.

14 Likes

Thanks! I’m actually following a labouriously slow but very detailed youtube video series detailing Mike from the Tacoma Company’s instructions on how to properly assemble the HF cabinet for best performance. I may very well pick up one of his upgrade kits for it.

My plan for the window was to use the acrylic window shield as a template, have some spare sacrificial sheets of glass cut at the hardware store, and mount the bolts upside-down with wingnuts on the outside for a quick-change window… but I like the price factor of cling-wrap, I’ll look at trying that technique.

7 Likes

That’s what drove me. After the third window replacement, when I had to procure more I decided there had to be a better way.
The cling wrap worked way better than I imagined!

9 Likes

If you have an auto windshield company near you they will cut you safety glass for your sandblaster, last a long long time (we use ours daily and been over a year) and really cheap

6 Likes

The second is the carrick knot I think :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you are right.