Shipment delays

I ordered a GF Pro on Dec 6th, and it arrived very quickly. However, upon opening the box, I saw that it was damaged, and not by Fedex. The is a huge crack, and a hole in the plastic casing. I say that I do not believe it was damaged by Fedex, as the shipping box is not damaged, and the missing piece of the plastic is no where to be found. I have posted my complete story elsewhere, but I will say that GF has no idea when I will get another machine, and they are now saying that my warranty is in place, so for every day I am without a machine, I am losing warranty days. Did not even unpack the inside of the machine.

Have to communicate by e-mail. Ridiculous. You only receive one e-mail a day, so it will take forever to resolve this. I think perhaps, it is time for GF to put selling machines on hold, and maybe, service the customers they already have.

3 Likes

You would be wrong. It may not be required, but it is commonly done, especially with large items. I had it happen just two days ago on a printer purchase. They authorized the amount immediately, but didn’t bill until it actually shipped.

It depends entirely on the vendor and as discussed above, there is no law (or “rule” by CC issuers) that applies in the US.

Amazon does not charge until the item ships. All the major brick-and-mortar vendors I’ve bought from charge at time of order.

Which is why I said that it’s not required, but commonly done.

I feel your pain and them some. I ordered my basic on Nov 30th…finally shipped last week, was very excited. It moved quickly from Texas to Grand Forks ND and now it has sat there for 3 days. The Fedex tracking keeps delaying it by days. Was suppose to arrive Dec 30th, now Jan 2, now Jan 3rd. It is literally a 5 hr drive away from me across a border. I have heard nothing from Fedex for customs and duty charges. I paid $349 US to have it shipped which seems obscene. I wish I knew more of this information prior to ordering. I would have gone for the Full Spectrum Muse. This does not look promising for support in the future.

In an e-mail this week, I was told by GF that they are running 4 weeks behind in shipments, and that comment referred to a Pro machine.

I also ordered the Pro model on December 8, was supposed to come by the 16th, when I emailed, they said it should arrive by 12/24, and as of today, still says unfulfilled. I was looking forward to spending Christmas Day playing with my new machine. Hopefully it comes sooner than later.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.