Show and Tell

Very professional looking! :grin:

2 Likes

Fantastic, I love that lamp!
You are a man after my own heart with the lab ware…
I made a series of wall sculptures sort of like that many years ago, although mine are not nearly as nicely crafted.

27 Likes

@davidhknowles, That came out great!
Yeah, that stuff is hard. Biggest wooden project was a solid red oak front door, I couldn’t believe my carbide bits had such trouble.
Thank you!

@bshindorf, That is really cool, the LED idea would really make it a room accent.
Great idea! what cutting tool did you use?
Thanks for sharing!

@nathan_p - Wonderful spread of crafts! That bromelia in the beaker is outstanding!
Nice woodwork all around.
Love the sidewalk Spirograph, and the lamp!
Thank you for contributing the images of your work for us all to enjoy!

@rmaker1952 That looks perfect! You ever make something for someone that turned out so good you were reluctant to part with it? Yeah, I know the feeling.
Thanks for sharing!

@jkopel, the weatherd door panel expresses time behind the smooth shine of the lab ware. Great contrast, Very nice!

2 Likes

Everything there is impressive.

2 Likes

You guys. Humpfff Ima go home now. Some seriously cool things here. Mind blown. Bridget I’m really impressed with what you do. Wow

3 Likes

Some real amazing stuff posted here. Thanks to all for sharing!!

We recently added a cnc plasma table to the steel fab portion of our business. Steel work is not my day job but I do 90% of our CAD work so I’ve been plugging away at small personal projects to learn how to run it. I recently found this thread on the pdf box generator from @kigster and have been having a lot of fun with it.

Yesterday morning an idea for a Mother’s Day gift for my wife pop into my head. I envisioned a steel cradle/sleeve for a flower vase with our boy’s names on it. Here’s how it turned out.

37 Likes

Really beautiful and very special.

5 Likes

Yhat would make a phenomenal luminarie.

5 Likes

Looks like it is built to last. I am sure she is proud of it. :blush:

4 Likes

Oh yeah…that’s a winner! :smiley:

5 Likes

@E.H, very nice!
Helped my son assemble and setup his GoTorch CNC, fun to manipulate steel with that ease.
Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

@Xabbess Thank you!

@marmak3261 That’s the first thing my sister suggested when she saw me building it. I’ve got some ideas rattling around in my head. I’d like to find a rotating led light.

@davidgal2 For sure! It’s made out of 1/8" plate. I’m guessing it weighs 6lbs. She is very proud of it.

@Jules Thanks! It went over quite well.

@printolaser Thanks! We went with a Dynatorch 4x4 and have been impressed with the cut quality. There’s very little clean up needed when dialed in. We’ve got the base level control software and it’s functional but could have some workflow improvements on selecting cut paths for large jobs. I’m looking forward to working with the interface on the Forge.

That gotorch looks like a fun unit. It’s great you and your son could work on it together.

3 Likes

Yes, the base level software leaves a lot to be desired on his. Another $1000 would fix that.
Imagine if these had the camera functionality of the 'forge!

Here is my ‘Make’ of the day. Not nearly as impressive as most of what I’ve seen in this thread. But I had to do something with the cardboard I was saving. But boy even with a huge exhaust does this stiff leave a lingering odor.

24 Likes

Not near the wood craftsman as some on here but I made this for my mother today for Mother’s Day.

27 Likes

That is beautiful. I have a real ‘thing’ for lighting in any iteration, so am hoping to make lots of lighting creations with my Glowforge.

3 Likes

Gosh…what a lucky mother! It looks great and will please her no end. Very thoughtful and well done.

2 Likes

I have a thing for all things lighting myself. Must stay away from garage sales lest they have a unique lamp. I just completed putting under bar lighting in last night. I need to make one more pendant today. Get the stinky cutting done. Leftover bits go to compost. I am learning this zero waste life.

1 Like

Nice!
The corrugated nature of the material really works well for a shade.
There will be a lot of that stink around as soon as the lasers are delivered.
That is a good use of a pile of cardboard!

@elsman18, cool! Because it was made by her Son, it is golden! Ranks above anything you could have purchased for that reason.
Mothers are like that. Good job!

4 Likes

Here is the matching shelf to go with the shade. It’s not done yet. Must hide the wires. Im thinking the back wall will be in wood veneer. Led tape lights leftover from the bar makeover.

27 Likes