Show and Tell

And here’s another from the X-Carve. My Dad loves camping and made his own camper, so I made him a sign his campsite sign. It’s roughy based off of one we used when I was a kid. The art is based on a photo of his camper, which is his pride & joy.

26 Likes

Thanks! Yes it’s 1/8" Baltic birch plywood. It’s been a while but I think they were 1.5".

Gotta love that 50 pack of Baltic birch on Amazon! :wink:

5 Likes

enterprise tools no way to change them its feed from a provider that does classification and makes black lists and then we enforce what lists to not allow users to go to. Just figured id let you know incase you where on a black list you may want to know

Nice sign!
Now we need pictures of the camper…

3 Likes

The original intent was for the banner to be red & the text on it to be white, but the contact paper wouldn’t stick to the red spray ink that I used for the camper once it was on the X-Carve, so I took the easy route. :wink:

11 Likes

Bump to @RyanMilles

1 Like

@ Mike13…love what you made for your dad. And such a cute little camper. Good work!

2 Likes

Don’t really know where this post belongs, but I suppose it could sort of be considered ‘show & tell’. Received a Dremel workstation for my birthday today, from my son and his wife. I had included it on a wish list on Amazon. Thought folks here might appreciate the greeting that came with it…which gave me a good laugh.

26 Likes

:smile: Well, Happy Birthday! (Got some very clever kids there!)

4 Likes

Yea, Wisconsin. I want to do some state centric projects when the GF arrives.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jules. Son…degree in drama…which explains a lot of his thought processes.

7 Likes

I’m kind of impressed that I haven’t made any Packer stuff yet. :wink:

2 Likes

He must write a similar description of your Glowforge when it comes in …that should be your name for it…or at least an acronym…lol

4 Likes

Thanks!
The height and angle are fine overall, but it could be lower I suppose. When I built it I was mostly still playing vinyl only, and had 1 CDJ, and had my laptop there too. :slight_smile:

Ok. Thanks…
I’ll look into it and see what the issue is

1 Like

Packer items are on the to do list. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! :cake:
I wager he will develop a true appreciation for your thingy!

3 Likes

Yes! That’s a great idea. I will pose that to him. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you for your good wishes. I believe he would like the new ‘thingy’, but he’s way back in New Jersey. During a visit to us though, I could indoctrinate him a bit and he would love it.

4 Likes

I’ll throw another one up. My wife’s co-worker had a tropical themed 30th birthday pool party last weekend and wanted custom stir sticks. (the mixologist that I made the above tokens for did their drinks)

We came up with a pineapple, flamingo & palm tree, each with a 30 & KB (birthday girls initials & nickname).

I cut these on 1/8" acrylic on the X-Carve and did a quick & light flame polish. They were a huge hit and supposedly a lot of her friends want some. That throws fuel onto my urge to order a K40 to hold me over until the GF gets here…

26 Likes