Show and Tell

When I first saw the cost rack, I thought it would be cool if you could attach 4 ski boots to serve as the support base… And happens to meet the other suggestion of an umbrella rack. Like this picture, but ski boots, not smelly gym shoes.

7 Likes

That’s a very creative idea! The coat rack is very stable as is but I like the umbrella rack idea - or maybe as a rack to hold ski poles.

1 Like

What a fun idea. I like it!

My partner is always looking for a 3 legged coat rack. 4 legs are okay, but sometimes wobbly (wobbly furniture drives him nuts…tables, chairs, etc). 3 legged furniture is more stable at the base.

Very creative! Wow!
That bottle… Especially, but the whole idea! So cool :thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us!

1 Like

@dan Not sure if you remember or not, I’m the one that wrote you that email about planning to play hooky from work and drive down to Seattle for the Open House at GF. At the next GF Open House, I may just bring a “Bottle of Wine!”
(Might have to bribe the US Border Officer with cake so I can bring cake over the border)

7 Likes

You’ve heard it already, but deserve to hear it again. Nice bottle. Coconut wood chips? Also, nice banana.

4 Likes

just Wow !

You said “…Everything is 100% edible!” even the label?:yum:

2 Likes

That alone is almost enough to make me schedule one. :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you everyone! You guys are so kind! :slight_smile: (Wish I can send you all some cake!)

@dan Tell me when and it’s done hahaha I’ll even make the label the Glowforge Logo!

@PlGHEADED Yes - the label is edible :slight_smile: It’s icing sheet and printed with a food colouring printer (Zero Nutritional Value) hahaha

7 Likes

Yes its made from a red wine oak barrel and it’s super comfortable. I’ve been wanting to make some of these for a while. I’m going to make a side table from the barrel top and I’m saving the bottom for the Glowforge. I’m going to split it into two pieces and engrave as it’s too big to fit and too thick for the slot. I’m not sure if the bottom will end up being a serving tray or a lazy susan. Should be a fun third project from one barrel.

28 Likes

Great idea for barrel staves!
For a plank chair, nothing is more comfortable than an Adirondack.
The curved seat and back are an improvement over the traditional Construction.

5 Likes

I assume it’s sealed so you don’t wind up with a red derrierre? (Great job!) :grin:

6 Likes

Ya I used three coats of spar urethane so all should be good. Speaking of derriere I just had to explain to a guy at work what the formal definition of bung hole is…lol

7 Likes

Everyone know that it’s what you need TP for!

6 Likes

Wanted a “bumper sticker” So made these on my Silhouette.

22 Likes

Wow! Those are really detailed!

While not as involved as yours, I recently made one for my wife’s car too…

11 Likes

Very nice!
Traffic is a great place for humor! Thanks for the smile, and sharing that!

2 Likes

Hahaha!
Was that a covert application, or did she request that? :wink:
A sense of humor is armor here on Earth. One of our greatest strengths is the ability to face a difficult situation and chuckle at the absurdity of our position.
My mother once told me, “A man grows up the day he has his first good laugh at himself”.

I love all of the creative inspiration shared in this thread, thanks for that!

4 Likes

I warned her ahead of time I would be making it. She is a teacher and I wanted to be sure she was okay with having that on her car in the school parking lot. She was fully on board as I suspected. She has to be “Mischief managed” most of the day, so a little fun now and then is okay…

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure both @Jules and @smcgathyfay could use that sticker!

1 Like