Show and Tell

There was a boomer attached to our task force, never saw it- which is of course the idea…
They must have pulled liberty staggered to us.

A salute to you gentlemen, appreciation for your service.
That includes rpegg who may or may not have worked on things that may, or may not exist. :thumbsup:

11 Likes

About the worst thing that could happen to the Captain of a carrier was to receive a envelope from COMSUBLANT/PAC with a photo of their ship taken through the targeting periscope of a fast-attack. :confounded: Rates right up their with running aground.

7 Likes

Oh, yeah – Lasers, glowforges, projects…

This would make a nice plaque:

Woo hoo, back on track!

10 Likes

Engrave that!

Enterprise as she was originally configured, and when I was aboard '74-'75. CVAN 65,with her airwing on display.

12 Likes

8 reactors, no waiting!

Here’s a photo of the IKE during a flyover by Marine One with President Reagan. Fun fact – I was on the bridge conning the ship when this was taken.

Yeah, they made the enlisted guys spell out “IKE” … :unamused:

14 Likes

For all of those of you who served our country: thank you so very much.

26 Likes

It was an honor and a privilege, sir.

11 Likes

Gratitude for the recognition, but it is I who is thankful, I was privileged to have been a small part of that. Best move I ever made besides my marriage.

9 Likes

What @dwardio and @printolaser said.

3 Likes

The training, I am still using that, the experience and travel not to mention getting paid was worth the time.

6 Likes

The world needs more men with your mindset. Thank you gentlemen. :slight_smile:

(Good people on this forum.)

9 Likes

Made this Raspberry Pi laptop. Much of this work will be so much easier with a Glowforge.

I show the process of making the case here in a series of videos for anyone interested:

47 Likes

Very nice. The keyboard reminds me of the good ole ZX81 and ZX Spectrum.

4 Likes

Super fun! Nice work!!

3 Likes

Awesome case! (Love the chain anchor.) :smile:

7 Likes

Nice project! Also the build video :sunglasses:
Thank you for sharing that!

3 Likes

I couldn’t find part 2.

It’s a beautiful build. Very awesome, and a case where Glowforge would alter the workflow. Beautiful work.

I could see my technical half enjoying this build quite a lot. Right now he’s waiting for a broken 25-year old Macintosh to arrive so that he can do a build, the vision of which I don’t see yet. His raspberry pi is in a custom Lego case, and he plans to make a case with the glowforge. He may very well take inspiration from you.

3 Likes

Vey nice. I have 4 RPis and I use them for all kinds of projects. Never built cases which would be helpful. Nice inspiration. One is going to be made into a wifi enabled thermometer for my pizza oven. I have four thermocouples embedded and never finished the electronics.

8 Likes

Wow. That’s gorgeous. Nice job

2 Likes

I have long wanted a pizza oven. Would love to see photos of it.

3 Likes