Show and Tell

Just saw your Kimchi! Looks sooooo good (and legit!)

1 Like

Finally my training in Boeing is completed. It was a great experience, but I want to go home… My new home.

33 Likes

Congrats. That is wicked cool. Great airplane to qualify for.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’ll bet you are in rare company!

3 Likes

Congratulations man! Well Done. :+1:
That’s a brick in the foundation of your future.

2 Likes

Or is it just another brick in the wall?

4 Likes

…the wall separating him and his family from insecurity. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just spent a good 30 minutes with the hive. I had to change a few things that weren’t working and allowing the bees to get to the hive top feeder.

Although nervous, I didn’t have any issues. I just kept calm and worked quickly. Now the bees are very happy and eating up. Hopefully they build comb and free their Queen soon.

I’m loving this!

9 Likes

You’ll find working your hives is almost meditative. The hum, scent and need for calm deliberate movements helps you chill. If you’re not careful you’ll keep looking for reasons to spend time with them :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You commune with them, a partnership. You can feel the belonging in that moment. Right as rain.

4 Likes

Sounds like why I enjoy having chickens so much.

1 Like

A few different crafts:
Making chocolates around Halloween:

Cubicle getting a fiery makeover for the fire eater. (I am one, too.)

Nearly finished Pikachu. 3D printed. Sanded and painted in post.

14 Likes

The detail painting process:

After a couple false starts, I realized that some of the detail worked best with Q-tips and toothpicks.

4 Likes

Some of my late wife’s work:

Make-up artist for Halloween. (I was the model, got asked for a LOT of selfies in this costume, and won spookiest costume, hands down.)

Color pencils and some gel pens, pre-printed designs.

18 Likes

Family Christmas ornaments, each member of the family painted one.

14 Likes

I really should have pictures both sides of some of the ornaments. Some of them had different images on the reverse.

1 Like

Yep, the makeup is a winner, the dolls are pretty creepy too!
Thanks for sharing :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The dolls are authentic practical effects, in that they survived a house fire. I literally had to do nothing with them except air them out.

5 Likes

And talking about new home… Here it is (and my GF too)

We are still moving things… oh so many things!

A panoramic view of Santiago, but it’s a little foggy today.

And this is where my :glowforge: will live, but it need to make the work table first :grin:

So many changes in a short period of time. :sweat_smile:

28 Likes

Wonderful! Happy home-coming to you both. I’ll bet that view of the city will be stunning in good weather.

2 Likes