Snowflake Ornament Gift Box - Personal Use

Is there a reason? I have been very curious about it from the earlier pictures :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It is the best way to create a hinge that I can cut on a GF. it took me about a week and many tries to develop it. They can be any size and the press fit is enough to keep it in place. Plus it opens away from the piece so you can have veneer or whatever along the seam. And also I hate those big circles on the sides with the other type of hinges. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes I like the concept but not the actuality. In some small boxes I have accomplished a similar effect with a 1/8 " inch hole in 1/4 " wood that is the same hinge but with 1/8" bamboo skewer much stronger, but I most like these that barely show, and the bamboo hinge pin is usually trapped by the wood around it and press fit in place so they could be easily removed for repair but very tight so the would not come out on their own. I also used 1/8 Baltic Birch ply so they are very strong. They are mostly on the inside to show even less.

12 Likes

Cool! I like the look as well! There is always more than one way to skin a cat!

1 Like

Very generous with your work! Thank you! That’s a beautiful box. Did you put that cross-hatch finish on the acrylic snowflakes?

4 Likes

No, that is actually Linen Mirror Acrylic. It’s backed with that texture. From https://www.ceruleantides.com/ Not sure if she has any more. But it think it looks pretty damn cool.

6 Likes

I love that! Thanks.

1 Like

Super, and I really like the hinge design too. Thanks for sharing the files.

2 Likes

Thanks and you’re welcome!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! The countdown is on to start a pile of Christmas presents…

3 Likes

Thanks for the file! Will come in very handy!

2 Likes

I know right?! I am trying to get as much done now as I can!

3 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for the design!

2 Likes

This is incredibly beautiful and you are incredibly generous to share it with us all. Thank you!

3 Likes

Your designs are always beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. There will be some happy recipients this year!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this epic design! This would make a lovely gift.

3 Likes

You’ll make a bunch of people happy at the holidays with this share. Thank you.

3 Likes

This very generous of you! Thanks for the file, it looks awesome.

4 Likes

Thanks! It is a cute little box and can be used for other things! Can’t wait to see what people will do. LOL

2 Likes