Swedish loom/reed, 8-dent and no artwork

The upper half=moon area is for you to put your artwork. I’m finding a cutout is the best, since is gives you a ‘lifting’ grip. My versions were all in PG acrylic and automatic settings. Except the first one, which was in PG draftboard. tape reed 8-dent no art.pdf (582.4 KB)

Note: what you make of this is for your personal use or one-off gifts to friends. Do not sell this, please, or make to sell.

Important note: this design is best done in PG materials! I’ve done it in draftboard, and it comes out well. Non-PG, not so much. The tolerances between the ovals in the uprights and the edges are too delicate for guaranteed results in other acrylic.

18 Likes

THANK YOU! Cannot wait to give it a try!

2 Likes

And I would love feedback. (show your work, please…the weaving that is) :grinning:

4 Likes

HAHA. Will do!

1 Like

My weaving days are over, but this looks really fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Very kind of you—thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

I’m linking your other post so folks can see what this looks like cut:

1 Like

Hi Kelley - now that most schools require individual items for students to use, I am trying to help my coworkers create art boxes for our students. Can I purchase this file to make individual looms for our fiber arts students?

1 Like

How many do you plan on making? Let me do some research on listing downloadables on Etsy, and pricing. thank you for asking before use.

1 Like

I’m still working on this. I cut one from acrylic and foundthat the holes are too close to one side, might break. I will be updating the file shortly, so don’t go making too many yet. I’m also going to figure out an education-related price, since I’ll bet a lot of this will come out of your pockets. Sorry for the delay.

No worries! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Please see the edit in the original post. I have learned a lot…$ in acrylic.