Teacher Gifts (2023)

Bill can give you specifics of how he found them, but I did in a few seconds using a simple google search…

3 Likes

I tried but could not find it. May I ask what you typed in to get that particular style?

2 Likes

Just “hand signals for deaf”… use your design app to embed ones you like into letter shapes like Bill did.

4 Likes

Ok…that sounds good. I can work on that this week. Did he just pick a font he liked?

2 Likes

I can’t speak for him, just how I would do it. Would take a few minutes to replicate.

3 Likes

Well, he may have just used this… Another few seconds on Google turned it up…

8 Likes

Like @eflyguy supposed, I found a font on google. Well, my wife found the font; and said I want a sign that says…

She comes up with most of the gift ideas, I just implement!

I know she looked through several fonts, but this was the one I thought looked the best and would translate best with the laser.

7 Likes

Thank you… I love it! I’m an interpreter at our church and we have several teachers that are deaf. They would love that sign. Are you willing to sell/share the design. I would love to make one for each of them. I do have a store but do not sell digital and only sell items I have a commercial liscense for.

3 Likes

Nice. I have a friend who is a Speech Pathologist and she handles our deaf program in our school district. She’d love that.

6 Likes

Been trying to come up with something meaningful using this font since I found it. We have a friend with a deaf family member so I could make something cool for them. She’s currently traveling in the Caribbean…

4 Likes

That was exactly the situation here too. My daughter is in a class with a couple of children with hearing impairments and she has gotten to know their interpreter really well.

The interpreter used to be a children’s director at her church, but she retired from that and now signs for church and school.

Once you have the font it is really easy to make any sign you want. I just used two fonts and converted them SVG to make the sign.

4 Likes

perfect- thank you so much. I will work on that hopefully this week. I just love that idea. I know our deaf people will love it. Our pastor’s wife is an interpreter for the public school system. The deaf community loves it when you do things for them.

3 Likes

I put that sign together so quickly it felt unfinished for me. I usually make a stand or way to hang it on the wall, but I was pressed for time because we have just been so busy these past few months. And we will be even more busy this summer. I am starting to wonder how we are going to do all that is planned…

3 Likes

I am there with you. Along with being busy- my husband is an assistant pastor, he has a 2 week mission trip, 1 week conference trip and 1 week training week. We also have a guest from China with us for 7 weeks. Life is busy for right now and I have so many things I want to do and things that have to get done…it is just amazing what we all get accomplished!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, my wife is the Children’s Director for our church. This week she is planning a VBS (She calls it Kids Quest) for up to 200 kids.

3 Likes

Oh my- that is a lot of work!!! I will certainly be praying for her this week and the week of VBS!

3 Likes