The adventure of making 550+ displays

So cool!!!

4 Likes

Holy smokes, what an impressive display! I wish you great success with the Kickstarter!

4 Likes

Oh it’s not my Kickstarter. I made the display for the Kickstarter I backed that was ran by Brandon Sanderson. In it, people could pledge for all 10 order coins. So I made a fancy display for myself, it got enough queries about purchase, pursued the license (took a long time), and then all this haha.

But thanks!

6 Likes

That’s a lot of repeats! the packaging looks great.

4 Likes

Wow. Wow. Wow.

3 Likes

So cool! They look amazing. What an opportunity!

1 Like

Amazing job! Really cool design as well!

1 Like

I ditto everythig said, with a new question added: where did you get the custom printed tape for the boxes?

1 Like

They frequently run 100’ roll sales for $9, though 100’ is normally only $19. Also, their hot sauce is really good haha.

I use them for all my tape. They have a really easy guide to follow as well. The first time I saw my design on the tape was :partying_face::exploding_head:

5 Likes

i can attest to their custom packing tape rolls being good quality. i’ve done the $9 deal a couple of times (for work). very happy w/what i got.

3 Likes

One of my favorites that I’ve made so far. Really good contrast between the mahogany and cherry.

14 Likes

I agree about the mahogany and cherry. Very elegant look.

2 Likes

Up to about 525 orders now, and I’ve shipped out 262 of those orders. It’s been nonstop but I’m so in awe of the support and love from this fandom :purple_heart:

USPS has come to recognize I need the big bin to bring in boxes.

I’m also trying to repurpose my scraps in the hands of people who will use them. I hate just throwing away anything that can be used. I have sizeable chunks wood, some sanded/finished/taped, others with 3M adhesive, and most are BB or maple. If you’re looking for some good wood please visit www.DragonScrapyard.com

11 Likes

How satisfying to see those shipping boxes stacked up. Well done on your well deserved success!

6 Likes

Thanks :purple_heart: it really is fun to stack them up haha. But my car can only handle about 75 boxes at most, so 45 was still VERY full lol. I am trying to do them in batches of 25 if I can.

8 Likes

These are fantastic! Congrats on getting through so many orders, must be a great feeling of accomplishment! :star_struck:

2 Likes

You are really pumping out the projects. Very impressive work.

3 Likes

@awebs76 thanks! It’s a good feeling but at the same time, I have another 262 to go so it feels endless haha!

@davidgal2 trying my best :grin: thank you!

7 Likes