Make a punch list of all the things that you need to have in place before a first print. Think it through. It will be helpful and will allow more time for lasering and less time for trying to find everything.
- Stand/table for Glowforge
- Ventilation exhaust strategy
- Understand the nature of the browser app and have links to the how to support pages.
- Network connection setup device (mobile device works great).
- Desktop running Chrome for getting the handoff of the Glowforge once it is connected to the mother ship and working with fewest errors…
- Proofgrade or materials
- Pro? Safety squints for everyone.
- Design choice
- nutrition and hydration
- Work tools: calipers, picks, box cutters, adhesives, tape (gorilla and masking) and all the other things you need for design, materials prep, and post processing.
- [Additional suggestions from below: Work space that attends to storage of materials (un-processed or otherwise), storage for offcuts and bits, a place to do post processing such as removing masking and glue up, a place to display your finished items or iterations. Waste baskets.
- Glamour shots: light box or display surface with adequate lighting and appropriate background