The Next Biggest Hurdle? Shipping Damage

mine does that too. I think it is a common issue. It doesnt affect my printing. I am so happy you got a working machine!

Are you sure the surface it is on is dead flat? I can imagine if it lets the machine twist a little it would affect the lid closing and also affect the camera accuracy.

4 Likes

Depending on the side itā€™s sitting on with all the bumps and other road/truck/handling(dropping) issues, it could be tweaking during transit.

1 Like

See, i cannot understand why the Glowforge Lawyers (that we hear SOOOOO much about) are not sending in the Blackhawks over this?

5 Likes

I am fairly sure. Ill check when I get home. I have heard of this issue before.

I doubt even the mighty glowforge lawyers would have much effect on UPS. They have been abusing packages for long enough to write ironclad customer agreements.

3 Likes

Here we go.

12 Likes

Thereā€™s probably some kind of refund involved, and an insurance payment, but neither of those affects UPSā€™s bottom line.

I think the most ironclad of those was the old Kodak. Once IIRC they lost the film from an entire Everest expedition (back in the days when those didnā€™t happen even every year), and the expedition backers got . . . replacement film.

3 Likes