Tiny things

Looks amazing, you have the overachiever gold start in my book!:star_struck:

3 Likes

Nicely done. Perhaps a miniature moving van is in order as well. As for Pinterest - it is evil and causes ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

7 Likes

Wow that’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I get that in this forum all the time; and certainly from your stuff, but it inspires a lack of complacency, OTH I was thinking how one could tile their living room with Giant Letters engraved on the tiles.

5 Likes

It’s satisfying look to these little things! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooo! I just had an idea! Remember these:

I thought one of those would be fun to have on a wall-of-bookshelves for visiting nieces and nephews to find. Making one that looks like my office (or another room in the house) would be even more magical.

3 Likes

Way to go on the miniatures! Love the detail on the bookcase and that side table is adorable. You know my answer to not building an entire doll house - built a room (possibly one at the time). You can easily built a room box and - speaking from experience - make an acrylic front - so you don’t have to do the dusting (or you get one of those keyboard vacuum cleaners!).

1 Like

Those are really appealing, but I’m not sure I’m ready to try anything smaller than 1:12!

1 Like

Pinterest just keeps making me want to make tiny shingles, and porch railings, and stone facades…I actually gave in and started adapting a 1:12 dollhouse pattern to GF, but when I saw how little of it would fit on one 12x20" sheet the reality of its sheer size finally sunk in and convinced me to wait until we move into our LAST last house. (The one we’re moving out of in November was supposed to be our last house. That resolve lasted 7 years. sigh)

2 Likes

Buying a dollhouse kit would be a lot cheaper than using sheets in the long run. If you can contain yourself… just work on furniture and fixtures and accessories until after you move. And like @dklgood says, make a mini moving van or pod so it is all secured for the big move. :grinning: Otherwise, think modular housing!

2 Likes

p.s. My husband keeps telling our friends that I’m now making furniture, with that mostly amusing, yet slightly accusing look. I keep telling him, no, I’m just making drawers… :grin: that is NOT furniture!

1 Like

Perhaps boxes in classic Bungalow so it would be a place to carry stuff when moving

3 Likes

That’s adorable! There’s an old house I pass on the way to work that looks something like that (except up here everything’s made of wood). For some reason it always draws my attention – there’s something about it that appeals to me, and I actually HAVE considered making a dollhouse based on it!

3 Likes

Working in virtual 3d, stone is as easy as wood just by changing the texture and in there you can go inside and check out the fireplace and wander about.

I really like the bungalow columns and around here they are used mostly though most often only the bottom of the columns are stone or concrete and everything else is wood. I have seen them made from plywood but that never comes off well.

I can certainly understand that loose rock construction like that does not go well in an earthquake zone which is particularly unfortunate given the abundance of great rocks there and the lack of them here,

1 Like

Ever since you posted that I’ve wanted to make one of those. Someday.

2 Likes

I love them. I think you are over-achieving in just the right amount.

1 Like

I made a little plant.

This wasn’t done using the GF, because you have to layer wire in between the front and back of the leaves, but I’m working on figuring out how one could do it using the GF to make really detailed things like ferns.

This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

Acrylic bends at 300 degrees. A heat gun also works.

I’ve wanted to make a 12X bigger penny so I could take photos of real things and make them look small. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

That would be AWESOME!

2 Likes