To remember those we've lost

Young mom with 3 very young kids passed away too soon. Ashley loved baking and sloths. So with that in mind, I made some refrigerator magnets, coasters and a wall hanging for the family.

10 Likes

They are adorable, what a sweet way for the young children to remember Mom is with them.

6 Likes

Such a nice gift. I love how the sloths are holding the plates! But won’t it be hard for the children to read her name when it’s upside down?

4 Likes

it’s a symbolic touch. Sloths spend most of their lives hanging upside down. I noted that in the condolence letter I wrote to the family, and mentioned that their lives may also feel like they are now turned upside down… but their mom will be right there in spirit beside them.

4 Likes

I wondered about that, and almost asked if it was so the sloth could read it. It’s a great touch.

3 Likes

Danielle was a young woman, putting the final touches on getting an accounting degree. Her plate was full with school work, but she still made time to help others, especially the poor and underserved, with free tax preparation assistance. And she loved to play the violin.

17" x 10" wall hanging, maple plywood with a red acrylic inlay. And also the reverse.

5 Likes

Very nice. It’s a touching tribute to life.

4 Likes

Two more projects were done over the past week, both with multiple items.

For the first, the deceased gentleman was a lover of nature, camping, hiking, cycling and star gazing. He was also a retired mechanical engineer. So I decided to make something with moving parts. Using maple plywood, I designed a 5 layer piece with 2 of the sandwiched layers including nested pieces that could be moved by moving the tabs on the top. He can ride his bike up the hill to the right. And he can hike up the hill to the left. I also did a laser photo tile for his wife.

The second project consisted of 4 Christmas ornaments and an engraved wind chime for a relatively young woman’s family.

There were also a couple of other items I made for both families outside of the Glowforge.

7 Likes

Very nice. The memorial items turned out very well, and the sentiment on the tile (and the photo) is lovely.

3 Likes

This is brilliant! As a memorial even more so. I love the idea.

4 Likes

That Memorial - Wow. Such a good idea! The inclusion of the tile is wonderful.

2 Likes

wow!

3 Likes