Tray puzzle 1

Oooh, I wonder what this would look like in multicolored acrylics? I got a whole slew from Inventibles… Have to try that (got your SVG since it’s already deduped)

3 Likes

I was thinking of that too. I have several different colors at the moment but they are different thicknesses. I need to do a set in the clear 1/4 acrylic. That would be nice. In fact. I might as well do that now. I just got a slew of the chemcast again yesterday. It’s beautiful. Turns out it is from a custom lighting shop that uses acrylic in their lights and these are their offcuts. I’ve encouraged him to check out the Glowforge. He uses a CNC router for his acrylic. He needs a Glowforge to use up all the waste!

1 Like

That’s how i imagined it!

Thanks Marion, you answered some of the questions i asked in my post on Henry’s thread.

And remember, you’re not meant to keep the little squares and things in the puzzle, just the nine pieces.

2 Likes

Oh, NOOOOOW you tell me…

7 Likes

Ha ha! :smiley:

I’ve updated the .svg and .ai files so that there are now no overlapping lines. I’ll delete the one at the top and add them there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha! So hard to do with Proofgrade. When you have a Glowforge you never toss any piece, no matter how small! It’s precious, precious.

4 Likes

I actually redrew the whole thing because it was quicker than faffing about looking for dupes - and I wanted longer cut lines than Illustrator would have given me on its own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, super cool! I want to try one of these.
Or all of these.

6 Likes

So excited that I was able to use this design at Maker Faire. @ian’s tray puzzles were the model I pointed to for folks to use the forum for free laser designs. Kids especially were fascinated by the puzzles.

One thing to note is that they pick up the puzzles and turn it over and don’t know that it’s all free. All the pieces fall out and now they have to stand there and put it back. That was interesting, but embarrassing for a few folks. I gave the puzzles away at the end.

11 Likes

Finally got to cut this one from acrylic…fun little puzzle.

Ok I lied…couldnt do it without cheating…lol

24 Likes

I love it in the colors!

4 Likes

Oh, that’s lovely! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love all these puzzles @ian . It turned out great @smcgathyfay with all the different colors of acrylic! :grinning:

3 Likes