Tree and Animals Tea Lamp

Today’s project was a lamp that is illuminated by tea candles. I started with Lifelix’s project on the Thingiverse (Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects) and added some nice paper that I picked up from a local art supply store.

47 Likes

It’s gorgeous! With the paper, I hope you only put LED lights in there…

3 Likes

Yep! Turned out great! :grinning:

2 Likes

That really is a cool design!
@cynd11 just shared a Link to that file that had been reworked so the tree isn’t so fragile.
I just printed it yesterday.

The Thread goes into how it was accomplished.

I really like the aesthetic effect of the paper! I think I like that better than the frosted acrylic I was considering. How did you manage to apply and secure it, if you don’t mind my asking?

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll give @cynd11’s version a try today.

For the paper, I simply used the outline of each side to create a cut line and then used the Glowforge to precisely cut out the paper. I adhered the paper to the sides using some CA glue which was applied along the edges and behind some of the animals and thicker branches.

Here is a picture of the paper cut. I set the speed to 360, power to 30, and thickness to 0.05”

7 Likes

Thank you! Wish I would have thought of that before I glued it together… Next time.
I will probably stay with the acrylic at this point, but I like yours much better.