Trick for Lifting Up and Placing Tiny Cut Pieces Without Jumbling Them

Try being up here in the frigid north. I’m building a desk right now. It is 769mm made of 11/16 particle board because it will be clad in 0.5 mm laminate. I have a 3/4 reveal between the 2295 mm long top and the legs. The should be 56mm thick(3x3/4) but the 11/16 plus laminate comes in a tad light by 2mm or so… Throw in your 267.0 cm long top is longer then your 8ft laminate comes in, and that the other other material comes in 9 ft lengths which is to long for your 275.0cm saw… 99percent of the world is metric, give it up!

For the record I could get behind inches I could reference them in base 13. A bakers inch!

3 Likes

Inches are REAL units! haha

2 Likes

ah yes, a triskaidecimal system would be even more fun :smile:

1 Like

they are, the base of twelve is actually really useful

Yeah. I know 12 divides better then 10.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve read a little bit on the dozenal society, in an odd way it makes a lot of sense. Numbers are almost strictly a figment of imagination: different counting systems just serve different purposes. i.e binary for computers. I like the dec, el, do on the little finger at the end of the video

as opposed to a triskaidecimal counting system where division would be terrible :smile:
Apologies for the ADD counting system Diversion.

Genius! This will come in handy when I start doing some papercraft stuff.

2 Likes

@dhanvinddvs. Ok I think we hijacked this thread enough. Sorry OP! My bad

2 Likes

School house rock. Hey Little Twelvetoes

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion, you can see through that mesh a whole lot better than vinyl transfer tape, and it’s a lot cheaper to boot.

1 Like