Trying something new

Oops - that would be 9.1 :hushed:

3 Likes

It says something about Hooterville, a luau with a pig roast :scream:
(or maybe that was a different search)

3 Likes

Yup. That was Uncle Bonsai. We miss the old coot to this day.

3 Likes

Take the one you have that too big, measure the right size then unravel it??

3 Likes

Uh…I’m no mathematician for sure, but show me, please! 7+1=8. Multiply 8 x 1.3 and it comes to 10.4?

Ha ha! duh…I’ll try that. I’ll let you know. Thanks. :relaxed:

1 Like

Did it say add one then x 1.3 or just x1.3?. ( I thought it was just multiply by 1.3)… sorry :no_mouth:

1 Like

That’s OK :smile:… ha ha! Easy to mis-see that! You did have me recalculating it a few more times though…it wouldn’t be out of the question for me to mess it up.

2 Likes

That is what I intend to use my GF on when it finally arrives, leather work, and put some of this leather to good use. Once I see the results I could put some of the leather for sale. We are using a clicker or exacto knives to cut currently.

37 Likes

Where did you score so much leather scraps?

Do you have a leather works shop next to you?

2 Likes

Nice work, there! Since I see that you make bracelets of varying designs, can you give me some tip or hint about how to size a bracelet…especially a mystery braid type which takes up more of the material than a regular one? I would appreciate some expert advice on that.

3 Likes

@Xabbess – so many wonderful things you create! The bracelet looks beyond a first try with leather to me. It’s really nice.

3 Likes

That is just one of the rooms, I am the leather workshop :slight_smile

6 Likes

You are soon to have many new “best friends” in here :grin:

5 Likes

Since we make this for sale and not special order the design has to have a flexible end that would allow for different wrists, whether it is a Chicago screw with two holes on the other end, or the tying straps would be fixed on one end and pull through a hole on the opposite end.

1 Like

Hahaha I used to sell the scraps because we buy full hides and make bags and book covers at a faster rate than smaller stuff… all that changed when I bought the GF and became a hoarder since then :smile:

14 Likes

Thanks. That makes perfect sense. Guess I’ll have to come up with my own calculations! :relaxed:

1 Like

But but but Ya’ Mama taught you to SHARE… I’m gonna tell :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Just what he said :point_up:

1 Like

I took your suggestion and I think that will work. It was more of a mystery UNdoing that braid than it was to make it in the first place! Whomever made up that bizarre calculation that I first used…I should have known better. Thanks. :relaxed:

1 Like