Two Color Edge-Lit LED Lamp

This was a ton of work, but I’m so happy with how it turned out I thought I’d share. It’s pretty self-explanatory for the most part. I added two screw holes because the light was leaking out in the middle. I glued mine, but that’s because I did feel like going back and cutting/staining another piece. the idea was to make the LED strips accessible in case one went bad. It’s all made with 1/8 Baltic Birch plywood and medium clear acrylic. There are a lot of options here. For example, I placed two horizontal acrylic pieces in the base, but those can just be wood. Also, you can cut more pieces to make it taller. Anyway, if you have questions please let me know. I only have the pdf’s of this file.
Two Color Edge Lit Base.pdf (7.8 KB)
Two Color Edge Lit Acrylic.pdf (2.6 KB)

44 Likes

See my other post in Made on a Glowforge for more pictures.

3 Likes

Be proud. Came out very orderly.
As always, thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I really like the look of this!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This will be fun to do!

1 Like

well that is nice and all, but as a former 1970 Firebird owner… well I can’t too positive. LOL

really though it is nicely done.

1 Like

Haha! Don’t worry. In the file I left off the Camaro design. Feel free to put a Firebird!

1 Like

I guess you could call us non-denominational… '77 Z28, '67 442, '69 Mach 1 and t’bird, I think my BIL still has his C3 'vette, but my daughter has a '98 C5 in addition to the 442 and her 2014 Challenger as daily drivers.

My dream car is a first gen Camaro. Preferably a ‘68. My dad has his ‘68 442 W30 that he bought new. Still has under 20,000 original miles on it.

This turned out great! Thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like