Two Machines for a School--Do You Recommend?

Ever hear the phrase that begins “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool”…

Nope. No further. The “regular” clique here already despise me enough.

Suggest you brush up on how end-to-end encryption works. By your apparent understanding, nobody would be able to conduct online commerce without risk - yet it’s been a thing since the 90’s…

Admittedly, you did say “hypothetical” - that is how most movies are based.

1 Like

Who is the fool, the fool, or the fool, who follows the fool on twitter?

eFlyguy - segway? – Andrew?

Jonathan

1 Like

Not sure to what you’re referring, I’ve never owned a segway and haven’t been on Twitter in a decade.

Yes, Andrew Willetts. I leave my FB stuff up and open because I have friends and family around the world, and it’s also the only official way to to stay updated on what’s happening @ JBSA while my daughter is still in training.

I do, however, have some knowledge of encryption. I was on the original team that developed the first viable commercial VPN product back in the 90’s. I’ve had this username since then as well, back when I got into electric radio control.

2 Likes

Ok, you name sounded familiar… … I remember early VPN’s with firewalls :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve been macgeek, since '96 - ran BBS’s since mid 80’s

1 Like

Well, there goes my overtures of friendship and commonality right down the ol tubes.

-J

Add a new one to the ‘ignore’ list.

1 Like

Lol!!! I like you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me give my perspective of reading the interactions on this thread…

Post #5, things look resolved and the question is answered but leaving open the thread is for this where there is actually useful content that shortly follows (which was useful from the posts after).

Posts 10-12…things get rocky but there is a good question raised. Anyways…

Yup, you for sure know your stuff and if I was a team captain in solving this stuff, you would be in the first picks at this point :slight_smile:

Love this response because it opened the door to collaboration :slight_smile: You also obviously know your stuff and would be for sure part of team ‘solve this cool crazy stuff’

Oh no…well maybe things are getting rocky now…btw, I have met a few times with the father of the internet and its crazy to hear the stories behind that. Always, always wear 3 piece suit :slight_smile: …and probably don’t start an interaction with assigning a roll like that.

anyways…

At this point its safe to say there is no useful collaboration.

Just saying, last week on these forums I had an interaction that I felt was getting a little off track and I recognize the public response can create false intentions. So I directly reached out to that person. We had a great conversation and it was an interaction that I think really was of value :slight_smile:

Just saying…y’all are knowledgeable and could make some crazy cool ideas :slight_smile:

Why are things being hashed out in this way?

2 Likes

Relax, guys. You’re both wrong.

2 Likes

Then how do you know that “GF has the ability to open our machines up for use without connecting to their servers”?

1 Like

I try and think WAY outside the litterbox, every so often, we hit a ‘dropping’ it doesn’t stop me from wondering whats outside the limits, and test them.

Jonathan

1 Like

Unlocking a machine is not the same as providing an alternative processing option, which I think you yourself pointed out in your post. I’m not sure why you’re harping on this, or why you came at me with a passive aggressive response in the first place rather than just disagreeing with me as @rpegg did, but can we move along now? I already admitted to not being accurate.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.