Type is fuzzy when engraving on acrylic

That’s really nice!

2 Likes

Nice work!
That thick material will make some really nice pieces. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awesome! Jumped right in and look at you!! :wink: I’m in the Kansas City area — so potentially your neighbor but on the KS side of things. We’ll have to get Marion and do a meet up or potentially a “let’s get crazy and try _______ with our Glowforges day”

You didn’t by chance go to the Kansas City Maker Faire in June, did you?

1 Like

Those are stunning. Really nice job. With that thickness they really stand out.

Beautiful finish!

No, haven’t been to a Maker Faire yet - I’m a designer and new to all of this…just bought a GF because it looked cool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have looked at so many settings and still cannot get my engraving to look like yours. I download a picture that is jpg, and when I try to engrave it, it is almost clear. I have cleaned my machine, used the settings like yours and still cannot get that to work. I know this is 2 years ago but I am lost. I just got my machine in February this year. Any ideas would really really help

If you are engraving on acrylic you need to use the right kind of acrylic.

Cast acrylic engraves with that white looking effect. (Proofgrade acrylic is Cast acrylic.)

Extruded acrylic engraves clear. (Most of what you buy in your local hardware store, and any mirrored acrylic, is usually extruded.)

Be sure to check what kind of acrylic it is if you want that effect.

4 Likes

Start a a new topic and post a screen shot of your user interface with your settings in Beyond the Manual and a couple pictures of your results. Let us know exactly what your acrylic is and also give a sense of the design you are trying to engrave. If it is a raster/bitmap image, there are lots of different ways that it can go wrong. I’ll try to help.

3 Likes