Updated grid for engraving without crumb tray

Thank you so much for sharing this! I know it is going to be very useful for me. I’m going to have to buy some Legos next time I go into town, which will be tomorrow! I never would have thought of using Legos, which I can afford to buy, instead of a 3D printer, which I cannot afford to buy!

6 Likes

This really is brilliant for anyone regularly doing multiples.

2 Likes

Great file and instructions! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks so much Bailey :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I am tucking this away for when I feel ambitious enough to expand my expertise! I am almost 5 mo’s in (having a GF) and am a little ashamed to say I haven’t mastered jigs/grids/etc. Something in my brain just doesn’t quite wrap around it yet. :crazy_face: But I know when my life calms down a little, I will take the time to learn!

4 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I’m on year 3 and still haven’t used jigs - I don’t do a lot of repeated stuff so it makes sense - but don’t feel you have to use jigs!

4 Likes

I’ve got grandkids, so I’ve DEFINITELY got Legos! Thanks for this!

2 Likes

I was going to buy Legos at Walmart the other day, but the prices were crazy and everything was in a “kit” for special designs. I figured I’ll look online at the Lego website to see if I can just order “pieces” - although I imagine it’ll be cheaper to have one someone with a 3D printer make and send me one.

3 Likes

if you have any resale shops, or good yard saling in your area there are always random Legos.

3 Likes

Oooh, never thought of that! I’ll have to keep my eye out! Thanks!

2 Likes

My wife has been cleaning out our Lego stash - 4 kids’ worth. She’s giving them to neighbors with children. Five big Rubbermaid tubs already and more to go. She runs them through the shower to clean any dust off so they’re sparkling clean for their new home.

When I think how much we spent buying them :scream:

5 Likes

I can send you something :slight_smile: I will message you. As long as you dont care about color, I dont mind printing stuff. 3D printing filament goes bad faster than I use it.

2 Likes

Tons of Legos on EBay

2 Likes

Is the file in the free section? I’m not finding it, but not sure what I’m looking for either. The stl for 3d printing that is.

2 Likes

There are two different options (you can click on a user’s icon and then search for their posts in a particular section)

and

Pretty sure the 2nd one is the one they use here.

3 Likes

Do a google search. You should get a bunch of knock offs. Do the same thing but at a much reduced price. I gave my daughter a hoqswart school knock off and except for a few rough spots, it looked great.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::face_with_thermometer:

Great explanation. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem! I hope this helps save waist for others on projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great! I can spell-unless the autocorrect interferes- but I can’t do math anymore. I made it through calculus in HS, but that was more than 40 years ago. I wish I could get gold :star:!

2 Likes