Vacuum bed

When I put together the chip vacuum for my X-Carve I got conductive vacuum hose, which has ground wire built in, then the dust separator is also conductive. Wasn’t super expensive to get it all to be static conducting.

3 Likes

Does Flanders still make these?

5 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

I didn’t see an answer to this so here is my tale.

I made a ~ 9x11.5 box with 1/8 inch offset holes (actual holes were probably ~.05 inches). I glued aluminum foil on top and used a needle to open the holes. At first I planned to use my jump battery and some exhaust fan, but what I had with sufficient power did not fit in the 2 inch space. Instead, I ended up opening the flop down door and fitting a taped foam door with a plastic tube going to the box. I used a vacuum sweeper in the room, getting a hint of smell, but not much. I needed two magnets to defeat the safety switch. I don’t think there is very much air penetrating the paper so I don’t believe the cooling is much affected. Now if I had design skills like the rest of you, I’d be in business but I did keep my paper from blowing when I cut it.

2 Likes

the filter { bought to not need a window has not worked out as the intake is ten inches diameter but at 500 CFM it could pull a lot of vacuum and deal with the smoke etc at the same time but still need a conversion from passthrough slot to the ten inch opening.

Easier I think is to have a Stainless or Aluminium plate with adhesive.

This sounds like NASA telling Apollo 13 how to make a CO2 scrubber. LOL

1 Like