Watch the metal tape on your venting & stay close to your machine

Wonder if a really long zip tie wouldn’t work. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think it would work with this hose, which is rubbery and has a sticky feel, but not woth the foil hose.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell ya then. I’ve had mine taped up since early July and it’s not budging.

I’ve never had this stuff give way either, but this was my first time using it on plastic.

FWIW, my setup has a line of the silicone repair tape (the uber-hyped stuff that sticks to itself) around the outside of the GF and window vent attachments. Seal plus a little bit of cushioning against the clamp. Before I did that, I was definitely scared that the hose clamp would crack the plastic if I made it tight enough.

1 Like

I’ve got some of that - but wouldn’t you have to cut it to remove the hose for cleaning the fan? (Stuff is kinda pricey.)

I’m using it on both plastic and the MDF adapter.

Did you use a sharp plastic squeegee or card to burnish the tape? Pressure sensitive adhesives are actually tiny spherical droplets that need a hard burnish to pop open and release adhesive inside. Or maybe if you added the tape after a little bit of use, there could have been some residue left at a leak point that’s not letting the tape bond as well?

2 Likes

I agree. maybe if the area was solvent cleaned first. Alcohol, acetone…

As what I have is for mufflers, I hope that it might work but will plan for clamps as well, Also if the last bit is an exhaust fan of sufficient merit I would hope to have negative pressure in the hose that could also be a lot less likely to jump off than if the hose has positive pressure.