Wax seal stamp from rubber

I feel for you. I’m still unpacking my garage since moving in 2017. It’s exciting to discover new/old things, but then where do I put it??? (Guess what the rest of the house looks like.)

4 Likes

Please show the results, I’d love to see what you do with it.

4 Likes

I will! Got shipping info today on the rubber, I need to get some patterns going!

3 Likes

We just started moving into our new house. First U-Haul came down over the weekend. Figure it will take until June to finish :blush:

My wife & I have a bet on how many boxes we’ll move that are unpacked this time next year :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Fascinating. Never knew any of that.

I hate moving. Done it too many times. My next move is going to be vertical (and up)!!

2 Likes

Update: here’s what I did with the bunny seal stamp I made:

15 Likes

What a lovely presentation. Those cookies are too pretty to eat.

5 Likes

Wow…the seal and the cookies are absolutely exquisite. You are such a talented artist.

7 Likes

Small world…sorta. We moved into our new apartment this last Monday. I have spent every day since, unpacking, sorting, organizing and no matter how carefully I listed and notated box contents, I’ve been constantly looking for something. Then later forget where I had seen it. It’s like playing those memory games.
I wish you both well and hope it will be some fun along the way. Once we finally got in here 6 days ago, I began to let go of the stress and find some enjoyment in the process. We’re on the very top floor…6th to be exact. Our view is west towards the Oregon coast range mountains through a very long row of windows. On a windy day, it feels like we’re in a treehouse. Harkens to our youth.

9 Likes

Not to hijack this thread, but congrats on your move. I am glad your husband is back with you and I hope the two of you will enjoy the new digs.

7 Likes

Woohoo! Congratulations. Glad you’re settling in. Nice to have a treehouse of your own :smiley: Views must be awesome.

7 Likes

(visiting grandson reading a book)…typical spring day…rain, sun, wind, and hail…but, I love being able to see ‘out’…

Soon though, the trees will fill out with leaves and they will obscure the view, But they will also help shield from the last rays of setting sun during the summer.

10 Likes

…and not looking out the window at the view :smiley: Sheesh. My wife made me design the kitchen so she could look out at the lake when she’s cooking or washing up.

3 Likes

@cynd11, those turned out so cute! And the cookies look fabulous! Did you hand-draw the designs on the cookies? And how did you paint the seals so cleanly?

@Xabbess, what a lovely place and view! So nice and comfortable looking. And it seems only part of the view will be blocked, as the treeline on the right window is below the mountain ridge.

3 Likes

I used gold and silver markers, and an Optivisor (magnifier) to color the seals.

The frosting was real easy. It’s a very stiff buttercream icing, you take a ball of it and put it on a silicone lace mat (for fondant), cover with a piece of parchment paper, and roll it to about 3mm thick. Peel off the mat, cut the icing with the same cookie cutter you used for the cookie, and transfer to the cookie (previously brushed with icing glue). Here’s a video: https://youtu.be/v28eQxpKNFk

7 Likes

For someone that hasn’t had a cookie for 18 months, that video was pretty triggering. I am definitely going to get a silicone lace mat and my cookies next Christmas will be things of beauty. Thank you for sharing the process for both the cookies and the seals.

6 Likes

That was really cool to watch, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for this great information :blush::blush:

1 Like