Wear your saftey glasses people!

That’s a pretty good idea! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Kind of confused here, I just purchased the Glowforce Plus model and says class 1, and have read that you only need glasses for the Class 4 machine, any truth to this?

Pro is a class 4 because of the pass through, though with the shields in place, it operates as a class 1. Doesn’t actually change the class, just operates as one because of the protections the shields offer.

2 Likes

Thx, so does that mean I should purchase glasses?

No. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s really up to you and how you feel about protecting your eyes. I have 2 pair here.

I thought the pro came with a pair? I know mine did.

oops, sry, meant I bought the Plus, wish they had the Pro in stock when I purchased it… my mistake :wink:

Plus has no pass through, so it’s a class 1. You should be good to go.

1 Like

And now for the least reassuring it-might-not-be-laser-or-age-related-damage ever; there’s a whole menagerie of parasites that can live in the human eye! Every thing from teeny amoebas to nematodes to inches-long round worms. Some of them are just animal parasites that wind up in humans and get all turned around because the human body is pretty different from a rat body, for example. And some of them are normal eye-ball-living parasites.

The ones that would look like a floater or a spot are probably the inside-the-eyeball kind.

It’s very probably not a parasite. But now if they say “hey, it looks like your eyeballs are just getting old along with the rest of you,” you’ll be relieved.

Uh, peripherally related, best not to google images of eyeball parasites.

3 Likes

I think a lot of science around this is still on-going/unknown.

You have things like arc-flash from welding, looking at the sun, and other sources of actual radiation that can cause eye damage. But other things like photo-oxidative damage.

Some things like etching slate can cause very, very bright/strong light at the point of impact. If your eyes are giving you warning signs to not look at it - don’t look at it.

The lid is designed to stop damage / absorbent of the 10200nm wave length. I’m not sure about what other wave lengths it’s absorbative of though.

1 Like

Awwww man! I just took a bite… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Is okay. Only some of them are food-borne :smile:

1 Like

I worked with a guy who said if you never want to eat again take a parasitology course.
Now I’m going to be afraid to open my eyes as well.

4 Likes

Dammit! :rofl:

1 Like

Interesting. Didn’t know there was such a thing. I’ll try to remember to ask my Dr. at my next eye appointment.

How do you maneuver them around? I figured the Hi- G’s would stick them to the side of the eyeball and they wouldn’t move any more!

1 Like

I just had a flash to the Star Trek Wrath of Kahn where he puts those critters in Chekhov’s ear to burrow in and control him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not as big a stretch as you might think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.