Wedding Invitations - Glowforge Project

These are lovely. That’s a crazy amount of work for 29 invites, but I love the personal touch. We sent out about 200 invites, I think and just assembling them (they were layered into a pocket) nearly did me in. I have to say, as someone who did a lot of DIY work on my wedding (1000 origami cranes, to start with), there’s something really special about doing the work yourself where you can (but also knowing when to draw the line and farm it out!).

I am tempted to crash your wedding, as it looks like it will be a wonderful time, but unfortunately I’ve got plans that day…

3 Likes

Nicely done. I like the layered look.

2 Likes

Such a beautiful job! Totally amazing!

2 Likes

They look very professional! Great job!

1 Like

They look great! Plus Luke and Laura are getting married like on General Hospital. I’m aging myself now.

1 Like

Now we have a date and place for the first Glowforge convention/get-together !!! LOL :smiley:

2 Likes

Beautiful work and thank you for the GF settings. I’ve been looking to do cards and invites myself but it’s near the bottom of a LONG list of other projects. Congratulations and many blessings on you marriage.

1 Like

That layered look is amazing! Great work!

1 Like

This is very cool…I’m just in the process of doing my daughter’s wedding invitations…but I laser delrin and print in an old C&p letterpress printer. You are quite right…no way can heavy cardstock get through a typical modern printer. Also, cotton paper soaks up ink that is ‘spit” at it versus pressed into it…the result being less than crisp. All the layers are unique and beautiful and compliment each other. It’s a lovely wedding suite and you should be very proud sending them to your guests.

4 Likes