What I wish I knew from the start.Ora manual for the app would have been nice

Have you checked the documentation to make sure you’re not missing any of the lenses? A lot of people miss the one on the left side inside the machine. This document contains step by step cleaning instructions with photos of all the mirrors and lenses that need to be cleaned: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633614-Cleaning

1 Like

You should post in Problems & Support. Then they can take a look at your machine and determine what the issue is. It is guaranteed to cut through Proofgrade and if the machine has a problem they’ll fix it. You’re under warranty so no sense in living with it the way you are doing now.

Alternatively you can email them at support@glowforge.com and explain the problem and they’ll chase it down privately.

The settings are designed to just barely cut through the material so if there is anything interfering with that it will always cut less, and thus not cut through.The easiest thing that many folk do is slow the speed by 5-10 points and it cuts through fine.

They do advertise that it is “like magic” but of course in this Universe that magic needs a mechanism. While other cases you need a masters in electronic engineering, this was designed that artists without that deep knowledge could succeed. Still nothing works with that actual magic, and there is a lot to know and learn, and a lot of setting up properly as is laid out in the setting up process.

There are many details laid out in the forums depending on which :proofgrade: material you are using, and The Matrix (noted above) has many topics that everyone should be familiar with

welll the ultimate of not cutting has happened. Instead of not cutting through the material but still being able to punch it out and clean the edges with a belt sander I just had a whole sheet of engraving and cutting of my final pieces of the project only get scored for cutting. GF proof-grade with default settings. So 2 1/2 hours wasted and 1 sheet of GF proof-grade useless except for kindling. If i could figure out how i would attache front and back photos.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.