What parts should I have on hand?

So I ordered a Glowforge in December that said it would be delivered January 12. But due to the high volume of orders (I guess) it is going to be late. I was sent a gift certificate for 100 to spend in the store. Looks like most things are sold our right now.

SOOO, If everything was in stock, how should I spend that money? on proof grade materials ? or replacement parts for the future?

I would love to hear what veterans think is the best way to spend 100 bucks!
Thanks,

2 Likes

You will get some material with the printer, so I would use some of that to purchase the Black Lid Cable just in case.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum…

2 Likes
4 Likes

I spent my founder bonuses (for the development going past deadline) on materials, and have never regretted it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, you could send it to me and I’ll point you towards beneficial training tutorials. :thinking:
(Just kidding.) :smile:

Hang on to it. The codes do not expire, and we won’t be in a state of perpetually lusting for materials forever. Just create a little folder on your desktop for Coupons and stick a print of the email in there so you can find it later. You need that gift card number.

I’ve got a few in mine. Waiting.

7 Likes

Some here. I ordered and got the $100 gift card because it is going to be late. I was planning on getting supplies and parts with my credit. We will just have to watch the catalog and shop. Here is a quick question for the forum members…generally how long does it take for them to restock?

No way to guess right now…pandemic disruptions. Just sign up to be notified by email when they get something in stock that you’re interested in. (And sign up for individual products, sometimes they get one thing in before something else.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.