WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

Wow! The willpower you have!

1 Like

No doubt. If I had nothing around to laser I’d cut down a tree and laser bits of that.

3 Likes

Oh no! I hope it’s ok. Ditto with the tight lid though. Hope you get the AOK from the mothership!

There was no indication they thought it was shipping damage. They said first to make sure it was sitting on a flat surface. I assured them it was, so they said just continue. I am guessing that they are accepting it, though it is really tempting to get my wrench out and see if I can loosen and shift the bed over just a tiny amount.
I also found out that my chosen location is 3 feet farther from the outlet than the power cable, and I need to get the vent set up, so that is the plan for tonight. Maybe tomorrow evening I will actually laser something.

7 Likes

Come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing any notation of the length of the power cord… is that a number that we know? That little bit of info would have saved me much hassle with several other items in my past for which I thought I was prepared but was not.

4 Likes

Mine was 8 feet. I need 11.

8 Likes

Thanks for that information!

2 Likes

Dang, that’s frustrating. Well at least eight feet is a reasonable length. And it is a standardized plug so 12’ cords are available (while paying attention to wire-gauge).
Still… “so close and yet so far”

Hopefully you are using a nice surge protector too!

5 Likes

I am starting to get a little concerned my GF will not show up tomorrow. The tray is sitting in Abq ready to hit the local truck, but the big box is still sitting in CA? Delivery date still says the 14th, so I am hoping.

6 Likes

Yeah, the final end goal is to use a 1500VA battery backup with aux battery, but for now it will just be a surge protector.

1 Like

that is a good idea! no need to have a failed print when the power goes out!

1 Like

Or just use a good extension cord. (AWG 12 or 14 so it will carry enough current without melting.)

1 Like

Are you sure there is no twist to your surface? I.e. have you tried a straight edge across the diagonals?

My 3D printers are particularly sensitive to this. I have some on top of a cheap kitchen work surface on top of kitchen units in my garage workshop. I had to place a shim under one corner of one to be able to level the bed in all four corners. My next design has three feet so it doesn’t need to sit on a flat surface.

Having said that a 3D printer needs to be planar to a much greater accuracy than a door needs to not bind. However I think if the geometry has changed since the factory alignment the camera placement will be out.

2 Likes

Same here, hoping it’s just not been updated

1 Like

All is good on my end. According to the tracking it took one hour early this morning to go from CA to NM and is now on the delivery truck. Party is still on!

10 Likes

They do that a lot. It’s like they have a time machine, but only use it for part of the journey. Use the dang thing all the time already. Sheesh.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure which ‘door’ you were referring to.

The glass lid on the PRU is tight tolerance but doesn’t rub. The flip down door on the front is really stiff to open, when it is open the lid rubs, so the door on the front being closed is required to keep proper clearance for the lid.

5 Likes

According to previous conversation and confirmation from @dan, they are supposed to be coming signature delivery. I’d be letting the company know if they aren’t collecting signatures. That is a valid complaint against the courier, and UPS would want to know, too.

7 Likes