WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

UPS. According to the tracking info, it got to UPS on Friday.

19 Likes

I got my "shipped " email this afternoon. I don’t have an actual delivery date yet, but maybe tomorrow. :grin:

40 Likes

Emmm… I… :squee::squeee::squeeee:

5 Likes

:squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:

9 Likes

Awesome-sauce! Congratulations! :grin:

5 Likes

Interesting, the PRUs came via FedEx (which was awesome given the center is right near my house so I could do hold and pickup)

6 Likes

Indeed! Congratulations guys!! Who’ll be the first? :grin:

4 Likes

Congratulations on the next step! I was in the 2nd wave of e-mails and am anxiously waiting the shipment notice and tracking info. I’ll be following it on UPS MyChoice daily (hourly?). Reminds me of when I ordered a PT Cruiser (don’t laugh, I loved that car) and followed its journey from the assembly plant in Mexico. I was like the 2nd one delivered to Kenosha.

I also got a new circuit and outlet installed today. Could have used the existing one in the room that the Glowforge will live, but I wasn’t sure what other outlets were on the same circuit. As long as the electrician was coming out to do other work, I had him run a dedicated circuit. He installed my Sense Energy Monitor today, so I’ll also be able to see the power consumption when I fire up the 'forge.

It’s all coming together!

18 Likes

Getting soooooo close now! Congrats, @joe. This is really great news.

The rest of us will now not be much farther behind, I hope. I will probably pick up one of those heavy duty carts for the GF from Costco this Friday.

And my twins will soon be here, too. Just wish the GF was here first!

10 Likes

The initial e-mail recommends that you signup for UPS MyChoice. The free membership allows you to have the package held for Will Call at a UPS center or delivered to a UPS access point - I assume that this is most UPS Store locations. For an additional fee - $8.00 I think - you can have a confirmed 2 hour delivery window.

8 Likes

And we are still in the month of May!

7 Likes

Signing up :runner:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I remember you can’t do that if it’s going to an address ups considers "Commercial’. Just as an FYI.

1 Like

Oh I do, just saying the PRU was via FedEx, and I did pickup. If I had to go to the real UPS location it’s a schlep down to Norwood (thank god it wouldn’t be patriot’s season)…

4 Likes

Could be. I didn’t read in that far since it’s going to a residential address. They did take great care when setting up the MyChoice account. They sent a regular postage piece of mail to my registered delivery address. It had a validation code that had to be entered online before full access was granted.

1 Like

Regardless the shipper, Just hope they don’t pull this stunt.

19 Likes

I don’t know guys…think the Amazon guy was right…

It’s…VAPERWARE!!!

11 Likes

I cannot even describe how exciting this is! And, I’m sure MY feelings pale in comparison to all of you firsties! I am still enjoying the heck out of my PRU, so can be very patient. Congratulations to you all!

8 Likes

Yay!
Your Glowforge is on its way - Glowforge Shipment Notification

30 Likes

Yours too? Awesome!

10 Likes