Why am i so scared of this thing

OK y’all…confession time.
I have had my Glowforge since August of 2018 and i HAVE NOT turned it on yet. however…i did get a new table to put it on and i now have it plugged in. I need to find my clamps for the hose and then i might try to turn it on. I am a little terrified i will do something wrong. But a $2500 paperweight isn’t sitting well with me right now…lol
anywhos…WISH ME LUCK
i am gonna see how bad it stinks and how loud it is before i go buying those attachments you guys talk about.
I wanted to buy the airfilter thing but i ordered mine before they even had that and i am not gonna order a new machine just to get the filter…they won’t let me buy seperately

2 Likes

Throw the vent hose out a window, and print the example tutorials.

2 Likes

Search the forum, there have been several instances of people wanting to sell their filter.

Nothing to be scared of, just follow the directions in the manual - you’ll be fine. The setup walk-through ends with “your first prints”, That will introduce you to your laser, and ease your apprehensions.
Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:

1 Like

i did it!!

8 Likes

Outstanding!
A new world is opening for you, just as you had imagined when you decided to take a chance on the glowforge! Enjoy the adventure!

3 Likes

well…my world just closed…lol i closed the window for the print and now i don’t know how to open it back up. nevermind found it
app.glowforge.com

Welcome!

Three tips:

1. Don’t leave the laser unattended
  2. Don’t cut anything with PVC
  3. Have fun!
5 Likes

While maybe not waiting quite so long to fire it up, we’ve all been there as beginners. You’ve broken through your fear and now it’s only fun awaiting you.

4 Likes

Hey, I got mine the same time as you! I’ve been using it almost daily and just did another Grand Clean yesterday (husband mostly). My big accomplishment last year, was that I could make every single Christmas present(s) for family and friends (took me about 3 months).
Over time, I gathered these tips:

All I can say, is, don’t be afraid, let the joy of having something fun and creative take over. If you get stuck - there are people here to help you get past whatever hurdle you encounter.

4 Likes

That’s hilarious! Time. What is time? Yer the boss of it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.