Wooden claymore two handed sword

That is a beauty! The detailing is inspired.

I also love the-sword-in-the-vise. "Whoso pulleth out this sword from this vise, is right wise King born of all the lawn.”

3 Likes

I saw something similar when I was at the Globe Theater in England … they had swords (hand and a half, IIRC) as well as daggers etc. all made from red oak but the correct length, width etc. I always wanted to make similar accurate replicas from wood and now I can with the GF! Didn’t even think of it until @evansd2 created this post … Thanks bro!!! You using the pass through slot to cut the length (is it OK to ask that…?).

Sure is, I will happily discuss technique! This is a passthrough project, and it has all the issues that go with using the passthrough… it’s not always smooth. Even with my best alignment technique I still have very small imperfections, though they are really minor and not really noticeable unless you know where and what to look for. Sanding hides a lot of sins!

3 Likes

Amen brother!! Sanding and paint :slight_smile: It is like my leather work, I can always see where I “messed up,” but others can never see it unless I take a lot of time to point it out and explain why it is a “mistake” :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a fantastic piece. Love all the details.

1 Like