YACB (Yet Another Catan Board)

I’m tempted, believe me. Most of what I’ve found has looked very cartoonish. I’ll keep digging, though.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I’ve thought about making a dice tower for Catan…because, you know, why stop now? :grinning:

1 Like

Ok … Catan is now a must! Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

I have a paperback somewhere that goes into each card in detail–have to dig that up…

1 Like

At some point, Glowforge has a license deal with the Catan folks to produce our own version, just isn’t released yet.

2 Likes

That. Catan. Board. Looks. Fantastic!

1 Like

The desert tile is a work of art. I liked the others, but that one is shocking.

2 Likes

Glad to see this come full circle! Your board looks magical :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At some point, Glowforge has a license deal with the Catan folks to produce our own version, just isn’t released yet.

So does that mean the GF is going to do something beyond the PDF at https://glowforge.com/laser-cut-catan-board ? Awesome!

2 Likes

I honestly had missed that. It’s not in the catalog of designs.

They have written agreement with the Catan folks that the Glowforge’s own IP isn’t infringing. The license mentioned in the following post is from Glowforge to you.

That post also mentions an agreement with the Catan copyright holders and came after the December update, so perhaps that understanding is the same one referred to here:

Maybe. It has been hinted at several times, including the December update “try” and the following:

2 Likes