Yet another phone stand

I’ll try to remember tomorrow.

(Normally speaking, I’m ninja enough to move through the house without waking my roommate, but we have a nervous dog staying with us this week, and I’m not yet able to prevent that one from freaking out at the slightest movement. So, I’m locked in this room until morning…)

In the meantime, you can see it assembled at the end of that video above.

(It doesn’t show the phone, because I was using that to film. but I can dig up another device to capture the image later)

Also worth mentioning, I’ve taken no measurements. The nameplate I was working from was designed around material roughly twice as thick as the medium draftboard. I eyeballed the difference, and it seemed to come out well.

(“casually throwing something together” was somewhat the point of this exercise.)

I will say, I think the diagonal notches on either leg are much longer than they need to be. I guess that was a stylistic decision on the part of the original artist.

I don’t know. I love how far I got with truly minimal effort, but it’s a good week to learn Fusion 360, so I’m probably about to scrap all of that and start over.

2 Likes