Laser etched canvas shoes

I grabbed an old pair of my son’s shoes to try…just in case it didnt work…lol. This is his gamer tag.
Probably can’t put a shoe in the glowforge but you can certainly put in a piece of flat canvas to make into something…or better yet a canvas grocery bag and personalize it :grinning:

50 Likes

My brain keeps thinking a laser should make black lines.

That came out really nice.

6 Likes

I love it! I wonder if you could clamp a flexible shoe like that to get it down to 1.5"? But the canvas tote bag idea is great too!

4 Likes

The laser actually “bleaches” the ink… that’s why it turns lighter.

7 Likes

Love it. I was thinking of making some custom art on stretched color canvas.

6 Likes

It also does wonderful work on black card stock. Well any dark card stock is printed lighter and any light card stock prints darker. Haven’t done a lot of fabric. Was not impressed with what I did with a new navy blue tshirt but interestingly an older tshirt engraved great. Must be some chemical preventing fade when they are new? Anyway this looks neat.

5 Likes

Since you’re not cutting through it you can just take out the bed and get some extra inches.

4 Likes

Wow, that looks great! cc @Tony

3 Likes

What movie is this line from, where the guy just keeps repeating “OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GAWD!!!” It’s killing me…

Anyway, that’s my reaction…

3 Likes

Any idea what the laser does to light colored fabrics, if anything?

1 Like

It really depends on the fabric. On some cottons, it can darken a bit. Polyesters can melt…lol

3 Likes

Delicate cycle only with a good fabric softener.

3 Likes

Great idea. These forums are full of new and clever ideas. Thanks all.

1 Like

So your rig can accommodate the curved surface? Or did you flatten it?

2 Likes

I flattened it out and dropped the table down to fit.

3 Likes

Looks great. I am curious, would the laser “scorch” white canvas then?

1 Like

Very Nice! What settings were used for this?

1 Like

She has a different brand of laser, so any settings she used will not translate to your Glowforge. However, if you search for “denim” in the forum, you will probably get some useful hits.

2 Likes