1/4" Proofgrade Clear Acrylic: Memorial and Spinner

I use Fahrenheit for medical uses (well a patient temperature) but C in almost everything else I do. Now that being said, in reality there are only 5 temperatures that make a medical difference (this is why I laugh when a nurse calls me with a temp 2 places past the decimal place):

Wicked cold
cold
normal
hot
Holy crap

Anything else is bureaucratic/pedantic. There isn’t really a difference to me medically between 102.3 and 102.5… (that’s “hot” BTW) The reason is because nothing I give as a therapy or decision I make requires that level of precision.

9 Likes

Very kind of you, but no worries, there. I am so over that and ready to move on. In fact, by tonight I plan to begin moving on. :wink:

2 Likes

104+ is the holy crap region right? And… 93-? For “too cold, pump him full of hot coco and wrap him like a burrito”

3 Likes

Hey, congratulations! So now I’m thinking your posting of a stencil font in my teaser thread was actually cut on a Glowforge. Knowing you already owned lasers I just assumed it was done on one of them.

Woohoo - hopefully lightning doesn’t strike twice. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

104 is certainly getting pretty hot, but not “start active cooling” kind of hot. The hottest I have personally treated (not counting heat stroke) was 106, which was from a perforated gallbladder with ascending cholangitis. That person was seriously sick (and young) and with broad spectrum antibiotics and emergency surgery did great… and yeah, 93 we start thinking about active warming (either the articsun or active blood heating). But all of these require context, as in 93 but conscious alert and oriented, or seriously ill 93… Big difference. The former would get hot cocoa while we looked for the cause…

5 Likes

Oh, and I do that just for comic relief…

7 Likes

I think that’s as important for the healing as the science is for some things

2 Likes

Proofgrade settings have been updates several times since then - I don’t remember which machines are now seeing optimal settings and which ones aren’t (depends on the build date etc).

1 Like

Mine gets .4 mm^-2

1 Like

Not sure about use of symbols on the US side of the pond, but does that mean you have an ‘imaginary’ car ?
:smiley:

1 Like

OK…thank you. I get it now.

I thought this would be a cloud type variable. It seems to be a local variable. Is it calibrated by individual machine?

I tried having that conversation with an ER doc when I was bringing in a patient on the ambulance. I was less than 5 minutes out from the hospital with a patient who had a chronic and ultimately fatal disease but was prone to intestinal hemorrhages due to things he would do to his colonic regions. He was in & out of the hospital a dozen times with the same problem (bleeding that would saturate his pajamas & an inability to walk on his own). His blood pressure was crap - like 60 or 70 over non-audible. But he was alert and conscious. For someone else that’s not really good. But for him it wasn’t really that abnormal. He was just used to being hypovolemic.

The ER made me pull over to the side of the road and put MAST on him. They didn’t care that it would take longer to put them on then it would take me to get to the hospital - the protocol said he needed them. But the context said he didn’t. So we stopped and got to the hospital about 15 minutes later.

2 Likes

Now see I can work with that.

Pretty sure the recommended settings for Proofgrade with the tube I have are way to high. I seem to have received the same email as those with the standard tubes. So I just make up my own.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not driving that car. In its first 5,000 kilometers my Ford C-Max Hybrid has averaged around 825,000 rods to the hogshead. :smile:

1 Like

yep. Abe was getting horrible mileage.

Proofgrade settings, like many things, are being improved right now. You can expect them to give you a flawless cuthrough every time once we reach production - but right now we sometimes ask users to work around changes we’re making.

7 Likes