12 months, 12 pictures, 12 hours on a clock

My nephew and niece-in-law were great about documenting and sending pictures of their son, Carter, the first child of that generation in our family. They did this once each month on the calendar day of his birth. I took their effort and started to make a project for Carter’s first birthday party. I decided to make a clock with each month’s pictures near the corresponding number on the clock. I utilized a simple template from Glowforge’s numerous design templates submitted by so many talented folk, "Customizable Elegant Timepiece Desk clock Ver.4. My Glowforge was out for repair. I received the replacement fairly quickly, but it would have taken a miracle to get it out for Carter’s birthday. As Miracle Max says, “You rush a miracle, you get a lousy miracle”. So I didn’t rush. I gave it to the parents a week later. They were happy with it, so I was happy. It was so nice to start with and modify a design rather than create from scratch.

Rich

35 Likes

Nice project!

Fun fact: on clocks Roman numeral 4 is often depicted as “IIII”, instead of “IV”. I just learned this a week or two ago.

The Mystery of Numerical Notation on the Dial Plate - 4 is Expressed as IIII, not IV | THE SEIKO MUSEUM GINZA.

9 Likes

Great project. I am certain your nephew and his wife will cherish it. Hope you share another project before 3 more years go by.

8 Likes

Thanks, and I plan to DKLGood. Just took my Cryo-Tube a while to unthaw. Brrrr! Hello 2024!
Time to ketchup.
Ha Ha
Rich

9 Likes

When I was a kid I remember reading that too. Another theory, had to do with the efficiency of casting of the numbers in iron.

7 Likes

Great project

7 Likes

That’s fabulous - and wow what a difference 12 months makes!

6 Likes

What an awesome gift!!

6 Likes

great execution on those photos!

6 Likes

Welcome back! What a lovely gift. I’m sure they didn’t mind the wait at all!

5 Likes

Thank you! The parents helped by the consistency of the them and layout of the photos. I just cropped, faded the background, and used the photocopy filter in Photoshop to accentuate Carter and his little stuffed animal friend…

6 Likes

Thank you Ellen. Its good to be back.

5 Likes

That turned out beautiful. The whole reason I have a GF…personalized gifts. Great job!

5 Likes

What a great idea & gift!

4 Likes

Thank you. Same here. I do a little bit for work with GF. The rest is for unique gifts for friends and family.

Rich

5 Likes

Thanks Deb! It was well received!

4 Likes