13th CLUB GO CHECK YOUR UPS & EMAILS!

Cuts over the sticker work fine but they can bork an engrave. I’ll be glad when they go to the embedded code.

3 Likes

You mean this black tray. Pretty huh!

19 Likes

It seemed to maybe engrave a tad bit light, but that might have been due to having to use a toothbrush to clean up a little sticky sticker smutz from the engrave. It looked about the same before I had to do that. Cutting thought it seemed to be no issue.

37 Likes

Yea for lasering in the wee hours of the morning…good thing you called in with the glowflu. :rofl:

9 Likes

I am happy for you. What a wonderful news. Again… where is my GF shipping message? :sleeping:

2 Likes

Hey @dan, not sure if you guys want feedback about the new packaging, but mine arrived in very good order. The driver paid absolutely no attention to the “this end up” stickers, but it does look like it was handled well otherwise. He nor the driver who delivered the accessory package asked for a signature. (The packages were on different trucks.) LOVE the black tray BTW. Thought I’d want a soon to be rare original tray, but not now!)

(Excuse the house. I’d lie and say it was unusually messy, but this is how it always looks lol.)

25 Likes

Wow, very cool engraving!

1 Like

Gorgeous!!

I’m loving all the pictures!

2 Likes

Received “the email” on 21 June, and have received the proofgrade materials, but no GF yet.

5 Likes

I knew you were going to do great things, I’m not disappointed. At all.

4 Likes

I’ll say! Love the X-Ray effect of your works! :grinning:

4 Likes

Whoa, my “would you like your glowforge?” email went out on June 12 also! I had the old box, and the silver crumb tray!

7 Likes

Got overheat :triumph:

21 Likes

Yay!! Nice to finally have it huh :slight_smile:

I got the overheat message too :-/ I discovered that when I left it on while I tinkered with files for quite awhile, I got the overheat message. Turning a fan on the machine seemed to resolve it. It is a pain in the arse though, hope they get the setting dialed in soon.

11 Likes

Got that this afternoon after making my wife a replacement center-rule (0 in the middle) as oldest son took her other one I made. Used PG Draftboard this time. Came out really nicely.

So I left the GF to circulate the cooling fluid through the system in case it was the extra heat being added by the active cutting/engrave but it did not go back to normal - 79F. It worked at 77F to start the job but went amber at the end.

But that was warmer than earlier today so that means I can give my cooling hack a try tomorrow :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey @julybighouse weren’t we cutting with internal temps of 85°F + today?? No issues.

PRU? I’ve never had it work over 80F even with low (40%) humidity. I was able to do a test run by cooling the heat exchanger. I’ve got a hack using a couple of muffin fan, plastic box & some blue ice that I’m trying tomorrow. Today started out too cool when I had time to play and only heated up just before heading out to dinner.

2 Likes

These temps issues give me allot of concern I hope its just over zealous conservative thresholds right now

2 Likes

It may also be unit dependent - mine is a PRU so doesn’t necessarily represent the experience of production units (although @PlGHEADED and others in the SW with a prod unit are reporting heat alerts - they’re in really hot temps though).

1 Like

It was on his forever machine…infered measured on the crumbtray at 86° I believe. Room temp was upper 70s or higher…dont recall exact temp