$15 Pi Arcade Kit

Just saw this today. Didn’t find it already posted. All those mini arcade consoles have had me drooling for a while now. I might just have to build one now.

21 Likes

I’ve had plans to build my own full-sized 4-player cabinet. I designed it years ago. Haven’t cut a single piece of wood for it yet though. I should really get on that!

4 Likes

Thats amazing! I love Adafruit. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Very nice. Something like this is certainly on my to-do list.

Good find. Good price for all the fiddly bits if you already have an rpi & screen.

1 Like

Me too. Just need to plan the button layout and order som buttons/joysticks. Any year now.

3 Likes

I’ve got a spreadsheet with all of the Happ Controls part #s in there that I’ll need. But did I see that Happ Controls has gone out of business?!

EDIT: Oh! Looks like they were purchased? Or merged? https://na.suzohapp.com/

2 Likes

cool!

Is that using the R pi zero? The 5$one?

If so, sadly all sold out.

15 for the kit, another 15 or so for joy sticks . Not that bad for an arcade machine.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking something like this could be fun to make for our vacation rental. Definitely bookmarking this! :wink:

1 Like

Adafruit: It is the same size as a Pi Zero, so for really compact builds, this is super small. You can also use it with a Pi 2, 3, B+ or any 2x20 connector Pi.

This is the stepping stone that may get me to cross the bridge to make a retro arcade. Thanks for pointing it all out.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, it’s the “Bonnet” to connect the controls and even sound to a RPi. You still get to pick all of the stuff you want to connect to it.

3 Likes

As the girl who occupies those things on occasion, DO.
My man wants to make one… he loves that stuff. He has watched @iliketomakestuff 's arcade build several times.

1 Like

I would be incredibly pleased to find a stand-up arcade machine in an AirB&B.
Even if it took quarters.

3 Likes

You & @jbv may get me in trouble with my wife. :wink:

Hey, communication in advance. Always.
Start building it after she agrees that it would be a value-add for your property.

Where is the challenge in THAT? :smile:

2 Likes

You can blame me, I’m fine with that.

“But honey, some total stranger on the internet said it was a great idea!”

6 Likes