17 Projects

thanksgiving table decoration

Etched mini pumpkin.
Sliced apart, etched, held together with toothpicks.

10 Likes

walking stick

Last one for now, another Cub Scout project. This was a gift to my wife from another Scout leader who did the hard wood-working parts – I just helped with the laser etching. Each of the Cub Scout symbols at the bottom, the names of all of the kids she mentored above that, the scout logo cut & etched out as a topper. The bottom of the stick is all hand carved and finished, then the parts assembled on a center rod.

17 Likes

Thanks! I know, right? Best thing I had access to when I was their age was a photocopier. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Forgot to mention – it’s important to match the curvature of the back of the turkey head to the radius of the Rocher.

2 Likes

I hope I didn’t over-sell it. :smiley:

4 Likes

Clever idea for the desk stand.

3 Likes

Please don’t let another 20 months go by without posting pictures of your projects. I love them all for different reasons, but the clean lines and depth of the acrylic signs are especially appealing to me. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Great work! (And the ONE thread with all your projects is, in my opinion, the best way to do it. Much easier to reference other pieces that way, and when ‘new’ people find your ‘latest’ post, they can easily see your previous projects. )

4 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words @dklgood @caribis2 @n_dawson

So much to appreciate here, at least I could give more than one like!

Fear is the mind-killer.

2 Likes

Halloween is futile. Candy is irrelevant.

5 Likes

You and @JeremyNielsen would get along well. He had done some legendary project dumps. They are always fun to see. Lots of neat examples. Your science magnets gave me a good idea. Would be neat to do the whole periodic table with each element a separate magnet for a fridge front. That is what the power of sharing does. Helps folks stay inspired!

6 Likes

One reply for all. Glad to see you are enjoying the scouting years they go by real fast.

2 Likes

Nice work! Especially liked the scout backpack tags.

1 Like

I love the Chutes and Dungeons game! That is so awesome!

2 Likes

very nice collection of work

thank you very much for your replies, @Tom_A, @marmak3261, @pauline.lally, @arh2, @aumanjoi, @gmckayca !

1 Like

Amazing group of projects! My favorite is the Chutes and Dragons game—epic idea!

2 Likes

Genius!! Could you give me a little more info as to how you made these? Proofgrade materials? Love the idea they look great!

1 Like

@lindseyodum

Maybe I’m not seeing a threaded view. Which one in particular are you asking about?

Almost all of the projects are proofgrade materials. Most are Proofgrade Medium Maple. The Acrylic Sign 01 is proofgrade. The acrylic for Sign 02 came from Inventables. The color from door name plaque comes from this variety pack: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ9F10Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . The clear is proofgrade.

The less expensive wood (like for covered wagon is 3 mm 1/8"x 12"x 24"Premium Baltic Birch Plywood from Amazon.

–Jason