180-Degree-Open Snowflakes Pop Up Card

Last year’s holiday cards were another Glowforge production. These featured the jig-in-place technique, assembly with dry-transfer adhesive and the wondrous glue eraser.

If you would like to see one made, I did a short video:

46 Likes

Thanks for the video. Now I have a better understanding of the workflow. I love this card!

5 Likes

Wonderful paper craft! Easy to see your hands are well practiced, further evidenced by the scrap piles shown at the end. Thanks for the demo!

7 Likes

Another stellar design!

6 Likes

I have definitely done several that look like stars. :grinning:

3 Likes

Beautiful! Enjoyed your video.

I love making pop-up cards. Need to do more.

4 Likes

That is beautiful. Thanks for the video. I used to do several popup cards but have not for quite some time. My goal is to make my grandchildren all the same popup card about a story handed down to me from my grandfather that they love!

6 Likes

It looks so routine, how easy it is to do it. A very nice job. Thanks for the video.

3 Likes

This is so cool!

3 Likes

Nice, love it!

3 Likes

I love the card and the video is wonderful. I have never made a pop-up card, but it is definitely on my to do list. I am still just learning about papercrafts. I can see that you are very experienced. Thanks for sharing your process and tricks with us.

5 Likes

Fantastic cards! Thanks for the video, it shows great techniques.
One of the reasons I got a Glowforge was to make pop-up cards and I am still learning.
If you don’t mind sharing, what is the glue paper you are using? It seemed to make it much simpler and cleaner than what I do.

5 Likes

That is Artist-Tac (formerly StudioTac), produced by Grafix. Here’s a link to it on Amazon:

Artist-Tac Permanent Dry Transfer Adhesive

For some things, I also use a glue stick. UHU makes one that is blue when you apply it but, dries clear. It makes it easier to see whether you got good coverage.

They are both acid-free, which is a consideration if you hope for your piece to last more than a few years.

Thanks for the kudos!

4 Likes

This is awesome! Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the info!

1 Like