20 pod Coffee holder in catalog

Just a heads up the 20 pod coffee holder in the catalog, does not work with the actual Nespresso Vertuo pods. The photo showing the Nespresso machine and coffee, looks like those pods might be an off brand. The Nespresso Vertuo pods are way bigger than the slots. Was so excited for it to work. :slightly_frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

I reset as per your advice but no change. The holes at the top of the slots measure around 1 1/2 inches, the Virtuo pods measure around 2 1/4 inches. So not even close.

1 Like

It looks like the Vertuo pods are completely different from the base Nespresso - and this design is for the Nespresso ones.

4 Likes

Yes, although in the designers second picture it shows the more rounded style of the Vertuo pods, but they must be a way smaller size. Not sure if Vertuo pods are different sizes in different countries. Iā€™m in Canada and ours are 2 1/4inch wide at the base.

1 Like

Yup - and the description specifies ā€œNespresso Vertuoā€ but clearly not so muchā€¦unless your pods are significantly different sizes which would be just odd!

1 Like

Yes, that would be odd. Luckily I used white mdf board so didnā€™t waste any expensive materials.

1 Like

With the features of the GFUI, you could enlarge the entire design so that the slots are the right size for your podsā€¦

Select everything and line them up on top of each other, and then make the width 12.133 (up from 7.133) and your slots will be just larger than 2.5" (which might be too big - I just noticed you said 2.25")

The holes for the magnets would also enlarge so you may need to create sleeves for those.

3 Likes

I tried that but because it doesnā€™t allow you to resize either just width or length and resizes both at the same time, I would end up with a much longer holder in the end, which Iā€™m not sure if I would have a place to put it then.

1 Like

Ah, but it does - to enlarge one and not the other just click the link icon between the two measurements - that will unlink them. But keep in mind your circles wonā€™t be circles anymoreā€¦so it might not work that way.

5 Likes

Oh, thank you so much! Did not know that! I always thought it was odd, that both sizes changed at the same time, lol. Will try playing with the design and see if I can make it work.

2 Likes

and hopefully a staff member can get the description updated so nobody else feels your pain!

4 Likes

There are some issues with this listing, namely that it is conflating details and photos from two submitted designs ā€“ one for Vertuo pods and this one for the smaller Nespresso Espresso pods (not off-brand pods)

As you noted the file in this listing is for the Espresso pod holder:
expresso product thumb

I cannot update the listing directly, but am working with the Support and Design teams to get the listing corrected and the Vertuo version published as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your interest in this design and my apologies for the inconvenience.

You are correct ā€“ Vertuo pods are larger than the Espresso pods. As noted above, Iā€™m working with Glowforge to get both versions published correctly.

9 Likes

Just for you man, Murphy was laying in wait for this moment.

5 Likes

Murphy was an optimist.

4 Likes

That makes total sense and so sorry they messed up the posting of your design! Looking forward to the vertuo pod holder once they sort it out and post it.

1 Like

UPDATE: The catalog entry has been updated to be consistent with the espresso pods. Hopefully the Vertuo pod holder will be available soon.

5 Likes

Waiting patiently for them to update with the Vertuo pod holder design. Hopefully soon!

20 pods. Thatā€™s funny. We have a big plastic container that was originally a ā€œjumboā€ container of cheese balls. About 2 gallons Iā€™d guess. Itā€™s full to the top with pods. You can never have enough of the damn things. Coffee is the elixir of life.

2 Likes

So true!

Checked the forums for an item review too late. Just made this to hold our Death Whish Coffee pods to find that the pods are much larger than the holders.
I wish that GF would allow us to rate/review the patterns in the shop so this is something we/I couldā€™ve seen beforehand.
EDIT: My blind @$% did not pick up the very obvious ESSPRESSO in the titleā€¦ It was just draft board, but i feel like a dink for wasting my materials. lol. Guess Iā€™ll be gifting this to someone I meet who uses those.

1 Like