2019 Nerd-off

Last July, I asked for your nerdiest, geekiest, or most fan proud projects. Let’s do this again!

The display case below is made from sanded 1/4" plywood from Rockler Wood and the front is Proofgrade medium acrylic.

37 Likes

It looks like you slanted the front. I really like that look!

3 Likes

Right. I wanted a removable face but didn’t want to bother with hinging it. Let gravity do its thing!

3 Likes

Beautiful box and excellent display but I fail the nerd off as I only recognize one of the names.

3 Likes

Awesome! Love everything about it.

But uh… What happens when somebody gifts you just ONE more figure? :wink:

2 Likes

Eight more in the future :joy:

1 Like

Love me some IG-88! I think my nerdiest was the Star Wars Rhombicosidodecahedron using @nopal62 (David Gonzalez) Aztec artwork.

27 Likes

Dude!

What holds it together? Those look like rivets but I can’t imagine how that would work

Just screws into the 3D printed internals.

7 Likes

Wow! I hadn’t seen this one yet–very, very nice!

3 Likes

One of my earlier geeky pieces. I was VERY new to Glowforge and it was just a goof! So I didn’t do any of the things I’d normally do, like… oh… I dunno… measure? Hell, as I recall I manually placed the border around it… didn’t even hit the “align” button. It simply didn’t occur to me at the time that I’d love this thing. :slight_smile:

It’s 9" x 18" and has magnet tape on the back. It’s been hanging in our house for the past couple of years. I still admire it to this day. I keep planning on doing ALL of the movies and then framing them and hanging them around our family room.

16 Likes

Love the inner detail of your display box!

@pubultrastar Your Star Wars Rhombicosidodecahedron is phenomenal!

2 Likes

Oh yes … Nice!

2 Likes

That’s an awesome idea.

1 Like

Already posted it, but here it is again. Cutting Board I made for a friend.

Love your display case!

18 Likes

Part of a soon to be build Shop art piece. It’ll be equipped with a 9 DOF sensor and a couple of servos. I still have to 3d print two more. The frame has been already CNC’d out.

Extension to the mirror project I did a while ago. It shows the status of my wife’s car visually.

Made a mount for a old android phone for my F1 wheel for sim racing.

15 Likes

What do the colors indicate for the Tesla?

2 Likes

This one is probably my geekyist:

Though this one makes me smile every time cuz it’s subtle, punny, and useful

8 Likes

Green = Charged.
Orange = Charging.
Blue = Good to Go (Already charged)
Purple = Sleeping.
Red = Not connected (Not home)

3 Likes

Okay, not to be padenic or anything but this is more of a geek off. :crazy_face:

4 Likes