2020 Christmas Ornament Design

I try to design a signature one each year. This is my third one. I’m more proud that I made a box to go with it though!

38 Likes

Sweet design! Is that a finished somehow or naturally that pale? Also love the custom box! I’m curious how you did it? I have a lot of things I package and that’s so much nicer than stuffing paper or filler.

It’s the proof grade maple from Glowforge that is already finished. It usually looks a little more warm, but that position I took the photo had a skylight behind so the natural light did make it look more pale. I used a gift box template and adjusted it to fit that ornament. The insert is layered cardboard

5 Likes

Cute ornament … and I love the box! Cardboard is so handy.

2 Likes

I like how you did the two sides and the packaging is very nice!

1 Like

I’m loving the snowflakes on the acrylic layer!

2 Likes

Great work! Nice ornament and packaging - so professional! How many layers is each ornament?

1 Like

Thank you! These are three layers!

1 Like

I love the snowman! Great design.

1 Like

you know… I would have figured with it being 2020 the snowman would have had a hole melted through him or something. :slight_smile:

oh that’s a good idea! I designed this guy back in Feb 2020 though before the year went downhill - who knew how the world would have turned out in Nov 2020

1 Like

so true in Feb we had ZERO idea of the crapstorm ahead.

2 Likes

Maybe add drops of cleanish bluish resin like he’s melting. :grin:

2 Likes

Amazing ! Did you make the box using the glow forge as well?

Yes! It was fun to learn to make this. I’m also working on a envelope box version

Amazing ! How did you get it to score the cardboard instead of cutting through it ? For the folded sides ?

Score is just a lower power cut.

1 Like

The power is just low enough to mark the material so I know where to fold and make it straight