3" Frying Pan Anyone?

I don’t expect this to be all that useful for anyone, but just in case…

My SO picked up a Deadpool Chef figurine, but it’s got a giant head and tiny feet so it kept on falling over. He asked for a simple base…I don’t do simple!

It’s a chef, so I made him a pan that looks like it has also been used as a weapon :stuck_out_tongue:
Cut out of masked 1/16" black acrylic, silver Buff’n’Wax rubbed into the scores in the masking prior to removal, then heated with a heat gun until it slid between two glasses, and lastly pinched the handle together to give it a curve.

Et. Voila!

Some Weld-On 16 to attach the Mr. Pool to the pan.

No bananas available so for size comparison…

Deadpool Chef Stand_V3

43 Likes

Very fun! Thanks.

4 Likes

That is the perfect base! Well done.

5 Likes

That’s so funny…and also, SO well done. Cute idea!

5 Likes

That looks awesome!

2 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

Very Cute!

2 Likes

Clever!

2 Likes

That is terrific.

my crew enjoyed the deadpool movies.

7 Likes

Nicely done! Love the details! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh that is so cute! Very inventive idea to form the acrylic that way. I keep forgetting to try bending acrylic.

3 Likes

It’s possible I bought a used heat gun specifically for that purpose :slight_smile: The oven/toaster works just fine, but there’s something about being able to point to a spot and say “soften here”. It’s also wild how it goes from solid, solid, solid, SOFT! There’s definitely a trigger point :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And hot acrylic looks just like cold acrylic. :expressionless: I love the battered look you made for the pan.

10 Likes