30 DoD Challenge - Day 30 - Wolves Everywhere

Congratulations on making to 30!!! Great stuff too. You had many of us on the lookout to see what was next. Thanks for sharing the fun and the hard work!

2 Likes

Dayum. Dayum I say! That is a stunning piece. Thank you for sharing and paying the inspiration forward.

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Indeed it is! And a fine piece of art it is. Your work has a simplicity about it that makes it very easy and enjoyable to look at. I am looking forward to the retrospective and hearing what you learned from the experience. The 30 day challenge is something we all should probably undertake.

2 Likes

Great story telling with craft.

2 Likes

I agree with some of the others, I think this may be my favorite piece so far! Stunning!

2 Likes

Yeah, my favorite as well. Not only visually appealing, it tells a story as well.

4 Likes

Most of your stuff is gorgeous, but this one is philosophically very deep as well. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I like this one the best too. Your skylines in this one reminds me of the first projects that I saw of yours on the forum. The subject matter is spot on too. Thank you for doing all of this. :grinning:

2 Likes

Whew! Thank you!! The last piece is wonderful!!

1 Like

Fantastic finish! Wow, I love this one so much!

It kind of brings to mind when I moved from a very small town at 17 to Ft. Wayne, IN. There were some incidents that I was totally unprepared for. Definitely more wolves than I was used to or prepared for.

2 Likes

So impressed you made it the 30 days!! And I have to agree with many others - I think this is my favorite. You could take a nice photo and turn this one into prints to sell!

2 Likes

The whole project was an inspiration, and this is a fantastic note to end on! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

6 Likes

Love the detail on the trees. I am curious the settings you used. I have struggled with cutting wood. Sometimes with 1/4” I don’t consistory cut through. Other times I get burn marks around the perimeter face. What was the material and thickness you used. Appreciate any advice.

1 Like

I have a lot of success with 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood, which is what I used in this piece. The different colors comes from different stains. I mostly use the same settings as proofgrade maple plywood (with a few small tweaks for speed).

2 Likes

cool work

2 Likes