3D deep engrave or cookie?

Super cool! Am I allowed to ask what settings you used?

1 Like

Proofgrade 1/8 black acrylic.

Yessssssss

I just used the default setting “deep engrave”. It popped up since I was using proofgrade thick black acrylic. I got the idea from @geek2nurse when I was haunting old posts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is QUITE the file you used; well done with this!

1 Like

Voila! I didn’t realize the material made a difference in the engrave options. Thank you!!

2 Likes

It really came out great! I do think you should make an Oreo cookie. For that you will need a depth map for 3D engraving. You can make your own depth map from a photo (take it with good, even lighting) using this procedure.

7 Likes

Now I want Oreos. Very cool.

2 Likes

I make the Oreos in leather!

33 Likes

Wow!!

Is that original or double stuffed? I love double stuffed!

4 Likes

cookie!!!

4 Likes

Great work all around! @cynd11 Would she need a depth map? It seems like the oreo has many shapes on the surface but the depth of all of them would be the same. Maybe just a simple black and white? The oreo is probably “stamped” so no real depth changes? Just thinking out loud. Perhaps I missed something. Have not spent much time thinking 3D!

2 Likes

You’re probably right—I was overthinking it!

2 Likes

The designs on an actual oreo are all the same depth. (as far as I can tell from examining and eating many of them!) A press is used to imprint the designs on the actual cookie.

I engraved the design for this leather one. I’m have not attempted 3D engravings. …yet.

3 Likes

3d engraving always gives some wow. Never gets boring.

2 Likes

The first thing I thought

1 Like

Dang! They look real. And scrumptious

2 Likes

Looks like you could just dunk it in a glass of milk and go to town on it. Great job.

1 Like

I pulled out just the inner flower part and then make great (all kinds of things)fridge magnets, earrings, box decorations, etc.

1 Like