3D Heart Hangy Up Thingy

My daughter asked me to make her a 3D heart on the printer. I was stumped until she said, “3D daddy, you know, with 3 sides!”. - Duh… Maple and Walnut, with a small hole in the brace for hanging from the ceiling if desired.

Katelynn - Heart

48 Likes

Love when the kids inspire us! And her interpretation of 3D. :wink:

I was working on an inpatient psych unit one time, and the patients had created collages in art group. One young woman had hung hers on the outside of her door, so I stopped to admire it with her. She was pretty psychotic (hence the hospitalization), so it was a tangle of half glued bits and pictures that were hanging off the backing every which way, due to their new vertical orientation. I commented, “cool, it’s kind of 3D, isn’t it?” She threw me a puzzled look, then pointed at a particular spot and said, “no, it’s 3 Es.” In the spot where she was pointing, she had, indeed, glued 3 capital Es next to each other. :woman_facepalming:

10 Likes

Good job, dad - and thanks for the file.

2 Likes

Great job! Love the Y connector!

2 Likes

Wow! Neat idea!

2 Likes

Great file, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, nice! Thank you!

1 Like

So I shrunk the design down to Christmas ornament size and added some acrylic to give it a stained glass look.

16 Likes

Oh, that is beautiful! The original design is great, and I love this further development!

2 Likes

wow

1 Like

wow Dad, you rock

1 Like

Wow! Very pretty